What the Hell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the need to "prove something" to the police? Just comply with what they ask you to do. It's not like they are trying to strip you of your manhood by securing your ccl weapon. If your sense of self is tied up in your pistol, then something is really bizarre. If you feel you are wronged, follow procedure to address that wrong.

I've been stopped several times and never seemed to have a problem.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet somehow, you only seem to mention the bad ones and their decisions or perceived transgressions and I haven't noticed a whole lot of posts from you about bad preachers, firemen, or dog catchers.........

Michael Brown

Maybe you would if this was the OK Preacher's Association forum, or the OK Firemen's Assoc. forum or . . . . . .
But since this is a 2A forum we try to limit our discussion to 2A topics so as not to get banned. Here we tend to discuss the problems we are having vis a vis the 2A. Am I wrong in that determination?

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the need to "prove something" to the police? Just comply with what they ask you to do.

Is that Uncle Herrman channeling through you again?

It's not like they are trying to strip you of your manhood by securing your ccl weapon. If your sense of self is tied up in your pistol, then something is really bizarre. If you feel you are wronged, follow procedure to address that wrong.

I've been stopped several times and never seemed to have a problem.

This discussion isn't about anyone's manhood, it's about citizen's rights and the law. My sense of self has never been tied up in my pistol. Where are you getting that impression?

I would have thought that as an attorney you would be more likely to defend the public from intrusion by government officials. Or at least be understanding of the need to do so.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you would if this was the OK Preacher's Association forum, or the OK Firemen's Assoc. forum or . . . . . .
But since this is a 2A forum we try to limit our discussion to 2A topics so as not to get banned. Here we tend to discuss the problems we are having vis a vis the 2A. Am I wrong in that determination?

And somehow when the topics about the police had nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment, you've always managed a critical post or two.

There are a zillion threads here criticizing all manner of people's decisions, yet the ones you seem to participate in most intensely have to do with law enforcement errors real or perceived.

If the problem is simply that you don't like the idea of authority and it makes you feel less manly, I can't help you but denying a problem only makes it worse.

Michael Brown

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel like I'm being baited here, but what the hell.
I participate in threads that interest me. This particular one interested me. It has everything to do with LEOs and weapons.

Let's talk about authority for a while. I understand authority. I realize authority and it's figures are necessary. I also understand that that authority should never go unchecked. It goes from the POTUS all the way down to the school teacher. ALL authority needs to be checked. Including LEOs.
Shakespeare said it best: Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The founding fathers echoed that sentiment which is why they instituted checks and balances in all forms of government (authority). The last step of a 'checks and balances' scenario was the jury. Checks and balances are what allow us to maintain our rights not only as citizens but as human beings.
Yet somehow some people seem to think that if you apply these checks and balances to LEOs you are automatically 'cop-bashing'. I believe that every action taken by any authority should be monitored closely and checked for abuse. Including actions taken by LEOs since they directly affect more of us than almost any other form of authority.
I sympathize with the job that LEOs undertake. And I appreciate it. But I also realize the potential for 'burn-out' and jaded-ness that they may experience after doing their job for a while. It is a tough job. And for the most part it is a thankless job. It's wrought with danger and frustration. I can see that as an outsider. I can understand it as an outsider. It has to be tough to do what they do.
But that doesn't excuse those that do it poorly. If you get burned out, or jaded, or bitter because of your job, quit. Don't take your frustrations out on everyone else. Don't harbor those frustrations and let it spill over into the job you do. I have experienced too many cops that seem to do that. I can't empathize with them, but I do sympathize with them. I don't excuse them for it, however. They are in a position of authority and have the ability to destroy someone's life because of that authority.
I also understand that most LEOs are good guys. It's the few that make it harder on the many. But when the many refuse to call out the few, it taints them all.
It's not my manhood that is being questioned here, it's my humanity. My manhood is fine, thank you. When people say things like "just do whatever the officer says to do and you won't have any problems" I get scared. Scared for humanity and the American way of life. When the officer asks you to do something that goes against the law you have no reason or expectation to comply. That's not how it is supposed to work.

Now take every time I said LEO or officer and replace it with minister or preacher and it still holds true.
It's not about cops, it's about authority. I don't dislike authority, I respect it. But only if it's true and honest authority and not bitter, angry, frustrated, ego-inflated authority. But since all authority has the potential to become that, I think we owe it to one another and ourselves to question authority. It's not only the American thing to do, but the humane thing to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom