What will Americans really do when faced with disarmament?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good on ya for that. Really.

Problem is that the SCOTUS has essentially ignored the 10th as if it didn't even exist since 1816 or so if IIRC my high school civics class (taken back in 1969 when schools still taught things like that).

There's been no reason for SCOTUS to change that stance since 1816 and getting them to change it now will take a bit more than talk. One of the downsides of appointing the suckers for life one supposes.

I agree. Yet we have to start somewhere. It's been a downhill slide for a long time. It'll be an uphill battle to restoring the Constitution. I know it won't happen in my lifetime. But by not attempting to educate those coming after us, we're essentially sealing their fate to a life much less free than we have even today. The states can force changes so long as we push back on the federal government, which has no vested interest in policing itself. Accepting that SCOTUS if the final arbiter doesn't make it true. The states/people have the final say. This was premise of the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions. It's been used successful at other times prior to the the New Deal. And it's starting to gain steam and acceptance once again.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's happened already. People rolled over for the last AWB. Unless the NFA gets repealed, eventually civilians won't be able to own automatic weapons as the transferrable ones rust away and break. Next, they just extend the NFA to semi-autos. I like to think people would resist, but based on history, they'll just bend over and take it.
I agree with your statement completely. There are just too many people in this country that are afraid to stand up for anything. Or there are too many people that say "it will never happen". I believe that someday it will happen. And sooner than later. A lot of people think the show doomsday preppers is fake. I actually know a lot of people around my area that are actually prepping hardcore. Go back 10 or 15 years. People weren't that concerned with prepping like they are now. I would rather be prepared and nothing happen than to live my life as one that says nothing will ever happen and then something does. Even many people on this very site claim that Obama isn't going to do anything when it comes to our second amendment rights. I just don't know how you could believe that? I know that he didn't do anything in his first four years but best believe he is doing what ever he can to erode our rights. He hates the fact that we have guns. He believes that only military and LEO's deserve to own and carry them. And any president that would meet with the UN about our gun rights is dead set on taking them away. If he really respected the 2nd amendment then he wouldn't even be meeting with them. Bush refused to meet with them. And he didn't renew the AWB. But now you have Obama wanting to enact a permanent one. I truly believe that things are only going to get worse over the next few years. Better be prepared.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a pivot point in every moment of conflict, which precedes action by one side. That moment when the charge has stagnated and the opponent can either counterattack or hold their ground. If anyone acts visibly enough to spur action then the tides can turn in that moment. It's hard to fight when you feel alone and outnumbered, but if a few people began to openly fight back many others could be assisted and enlisted.

If there were a point in the future where any entity felt safe enough to disarm civilians, then most of us will already be gone, or will have been fighting for quite some time. Remember the Emancipation Proclamation? Lincoln didn't sign it until the war was already in full swing. So future wartime proclamations will likely be similar.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He hates the fact that we have guns. He believes that only military and LEO's deserve to own and carry them.

I doubt he believes that only military and police deserve to own firearms and carry them off duty. I'm sure if he could manage it somehow, off-duty police will be locking their service weapons in lockers at work as is done in Canada and other nations.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So future wartime proclamations will likely be similar. So somebody else is thinking that O'Bummer could possibly give out citizenship papers to any "illegal" who signed up to help out his cause in a time of need? Very interesting..........Not only that he would use them to help get reelected but retain power for how long?.......hmmmm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings Everyone, not much of a forum guy and had forgot about this one.

Reading through this most depressing topic, I thought I would pass along an interesting scenario written by the Matt Bracken and posted at WRSA a few months ago. Hope you enjoy it.

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/11/what-i-saw-at-the-coup/

that was an interesting read.
The only flaw that I could see would be the lack of communication when the Gov. can shut down the internet and social media anytime they want.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that was an interesting read.
The only flaw that I could see would be the lack of communication when the Gov. can shut down the internet and social media anytime they want.

So, American .gov owns the internet? I didn't know that. If they did shut it down, our economy would come to a screeching halt, or at the very least be seriously fubar'd for quite some time while all the organizations went back to placing orders over the phone and sending paper checks. No CC processing would be able to be completed.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, American .gov owns the internet? I didn't know that. If they did shut it down, our economy would come to a screeching halt, or at the very least be seriously fubar'd for quite some time while all the organizations went back to placing orders over the phone and sending paper checks. No CC processing would be able to be completed.

facebook, twitter, message boards would be taken down and blamed on a cyberattack.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

The government can shut down everything in a heartbeat including Cell Phones, Internet, TV, transportation and scramble all radio communications and do it at will! Never think they don’t have a plan to do so either... We pay lots of people to strategize on every kind of what if scenarios could happen. Trust me there is a plan in place for what if's.

Trust me on this one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom