What will Americans really do when faced with disarmament?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Below is a quote from a member here from last year. I saved the text because i found it to be a good viewpoint on this subject.

"I strongly disagree. Americans are complacent – even the gun owners. And I’d wager that the overwhelming majority of gun owners have families at home. If/when it comes to gun confiscation, there won’t be mass confiscations, I don’t think. I’m guessing they’ll eat the elephant one bite at a time: one house here, one house there, while we get random news reports of “illegal firearms confiscated from ________” on the news, scattered and vague so as not to cause any undue alarm. Some groups will be onto it and sound the alarm, but like most things now that are going down and many are bringing to the attention of others via the internet – they’ll be labeled “tin foil hatters”, “conspiracy nuts”, etc. – because Scott Pelly didn’t report it last night at 5:30. When it’s an all-in scenario, people might resist. But when it’s one on one, I’d guess nearly all gun owners – no matter what they spout on anonymous message boards – will quietly hand their guns over rather than be taken away from the ones they love and imprisoned (or worse). I have little doubt. " - Unknown OSA member

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading all the posts here I see that a common issue brought up is with a resistance's lack of organizational structure. One solution could be trained local volunteer defense groups who all pledge to come to arms when needed and submit to occasional firearms training and briefing. Groups of citizens from each town could organize this on their own and should be able to operate on their own but nationwide communication between them would be very beneficial. I know we have several gun groups around focused on gun safety, proficiency, and competition but none are daring enough to make organized militia type recommendations because they have a business to preserve.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading all the posts here I see that a common issue brought up is with a resistance's lack of organizational structure.

Is organizational structure really necessary to reverse a governmental mandated gun confiscation law actively being enforced.

Maybe...

Maybe not.

I've always thought that the method John Ross came up with in UC would work just fine if universal disarmement or confiscation became a reality. Ross' plan is based on the simple assumption that when the guys making the rules have to suffer the consequences of having made those rules the rules would soon be changed.

For those that have read UC one would be interested in seeing some holes poked in Ross' solution.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Reading all the posts here I see that a common issue brought up is with a resistance's lack of organizational structure. One solution could be trained local volunteer defense groups who all pledge to come to arms when needed and submit to occasional firearms training and briefing. Groups of citizens from each town could organize this on their own and should be able to operate on their own but nationwide communication between them would be very beneficial. I know we have several gun groups around focused on gun safety, proficiency, and competition but none are daring enough to make organized militia type recommendations because they have a business to preserve.

This may be the only alternative IF it comes to the point of disarmament. Groups intent on defending our rights to arms will have to cordon those attempting to disarm citizens. Those attempting to confiscate the firearms will always be outnumbered by those who don't want to be disarmed. Although they have the superior firepower, we have the superior numbers. It all comes down to willingness to defend and communication among those willing to defend. It's one thing to have neighbors banding together to fight off inferior starving welfare recipients when SHTF, another to come to the aid of fellow citizens and defend against government agents attempting to disarm. Having said all that, much of this can be avoided by putting government back within it's Constitutional restraints. That's why I'm contantly engaged in spreading the usefullness of the Tenth Amendment. Much more peaceful.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
..That's why I'm contantly engaged in spreading the usefullness of the Tenth Amendment. Much more peaceful.

Good on ya for that. Really.

Problem is that the SCOTUS has essentially ignored the 10th as if it didn't even exist since 1816 or so if IIRC my high school civics class (taken back in 1969 when schools still taught things like that).

There's been no reason for SCOTUS to change that stance since 1816 and getting them to change it now will take a bit more than talk. One of the downsides of appointing the suckers for life one supposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom