Whataburger in KC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We like them too. Believe it or not, Earl's BBQ makes a pretty good burger too. About 1/2lb I think and you can get it with grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, or other fixins. Sometimes I like to get it plain and put their BBQ sauce on it.
my absolute favorite burger is a #2 from van's pig stand, make it a van. put their hot bbq sauce all over the bbq and all over the curly fries. go ate the fries with a fork.

i am sad there's no van's in the immediate okc metro. i ate there almost every dang week when i lived in norman.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
my absolute favorite burger is a #2 from van's pig stand, make it a van. put their hot bbq sauce all over the bbq and all over the curly fries. go ate the fries with a fork.

i am sad there's no van's in the immediate okc metro. i ate there almost every dang week when i lived in norman.
I don't remember if I've ever had a Van's burger. I live just a few blocks from the original location in Shawnee and I very rarely eat there because I don't care for their style of bbq. Maybe I need to try a burger next time.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don't remember if I've ever had a Van's burger. I live just a few blocks from the original location in Shawnee and I very rarely eat there because I don't care for their style of bbq. Maybe I need to try a burger next time.
sometimes i would get a #1 burger, no fries, and a 1/4lb hot dog. avoids the bbq premium price and both really really good.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The claremore Whataburger is meh. The last two times I have went there the guy working the drive thru acts like I'm a huge inconvenience just being there.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's FAST FOOD. At least Whatabuger claims to not make your burger until you order it. The ketchup is the best I've had since my Granny made it with a cinnamon stick in the jar. That's reason enough to go instead of McD's next door.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woody, instead of spending on abbreva buy some L-Lysine. Buy the L- as that is the one which acts upon the body, it is also the active ingredient in abbreva. Take the tablets as directed and it will work faster than the topical. I take 1000mg then 500 in 12 hours and every 24 hours thereafter on an empty stomach. L-Lysine helps keep viruses from being able to replicate, it aids your white blood cells. FWIW.

Think it would work on the bat soup flu?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Braums makes a pretty good one too. At least my local one does.

It has been my experience with hamburger chains (and restaurants in general) except McDonald’s, it really depends on who is running the place.

Say what you want about McDonald’s, they’ve sold more hamburgers than anyone else because they are consistent. It sure isn’t because they’re delicious and nobody makes a better burger. But they are always the same. You know what you’re getting. I quit eating there often 35+ years ago, but I’ve stopped for a burger on the run or along a highway when I had a long way to go and not long to get there and it’s the same burger I used to get back in my 20’s. They still ain’t very good, but they’ll fill a hole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom