what's your favorite assault rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your recoiless is a 106, not a 105.

Lets keep it down to a 90MM, or even better a Carl Gustav, cause your not going to hump a 106MM to far!!

Actually, it was a 105 that was called a 106. Kinda like the .44 Mag is actually a .43. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_recoilless_rifle

The only time I ever saw them in service was mounted on mechanical mules at Gitmo back in the 80's. They had pretty much phased them out of line units by then, but they were still dragging them around down there.

My hump load was a Stinger missile. 60" long and 35#, plus either an M16 or a 1911 and a PRC-77 radio. One time on a 21 klic hump through the Sierra Nevada mountains in Southern Spain my teammate was falling out. I wound up humping a Stinger an M16 and a PRC-77 for the last 6 klics. THAT was a *****. :(

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the one with the shoulder thing that goes up the best.....

:rotflmao:
Just kiddin', can't resist taking a shot at that women. Makes me laugh every time, making herself out to be a complete moron to all of the gun-owning American public.

I personally find the AR platform to be a pretty ingenious design. It's definitely gone through some major upgrades over the years. So for personal favorite, that's what I'd say.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, it was a 105 that was called a 106. Kinda like the .44 Mag is actually a .43. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M40_recoilless_rifle

The only time I ever saw them in service was mounted on mechanical mules at Gitmo back in the 80's. They had pretty much phased them out of line units by then, but they were still dragging them around down there.

My hump load was a Stinger missile. 60" long and 35#, plus either an M16 or a 1911 and a PRC-77 radio. One time on a 21 klic hump through the Sierra Nevada mountains in Southern Spain my teammate was falling out. I wound up humping a Stinger an M16 and a PRC-77 for the last 6 klics. THAT was a *****. :(

That sucks!!! You were a MANPAD, oh well, I was a mortar maggot, 4.2", now thats one you didn't want to hump!!!!

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Favorite sub gun
[Broken External Image]

Favorite sub gun on roids
[Broken External Image]

Favorite All time
[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for clarification, and please pass this on, the AR as used in the semi-auto rifles I use for hunting stands for Armalite Rifles, not assault rifles.
Just so we are all clear.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for clarification, and please pass this on, the AR as used in the semi-auto rifles I use for hunting stands for Armalite Rifles, not assault rifles.
Just so we are all clear.

Actually the "AR" as in AR-15 stands simply for ArmaLite, not ArmaLite Rifle.

The ArmaLite AR-5 was a break open over/under .22 Hornet/.410 shotgun.
There was also an ArmaLite AR-17 that was a 12ga shotgun. http://store.vintagepaperads.com/ser...h-17-12/Detail

Latest posts

Top Bottom