What's your favorite handgun(s) you've ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtimer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dan Wesson PM7 10mm
Dan Wesson Bobtail Classic .45
Kimber Custom II .45
XD-40
Colt Frontier Scout 62' .22
S&W 686
Beretta 85BB .380
Still own them and more.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy to answer for me:

I was fortunate enough to own a FIRST YEAR (1873) US Artillery Colt SAA serial number 321X.

It was the single most historic item I've ever owned.

Second place was a WWII bring back Luger. Completely matching dates 1942 with original sheath. Fully documented with original US Military Papeework from Germany in September1944.

I miss them both - an OSA member bought the Luger and a Private Colt collector bought the SAA.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've followed this thread with some interest. Of all the guns so far mentioned, I've owned 9 in one or another variation:
Browning DBA 380
S&W 63
Ruger Mark 2
S&W 622
S&W 686+
Sig P238
Sig P938 (sold today)
Colt Frontier Scout
Browning High Power (Renaissance model)

Surprised no one has mentioned S&W 17 or 617.

The one I still have and like very much is a Colt Detective Special (Fourth iteration).

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I've long thought that a P7M8 with the European mag release would be a nearly ideal carry gun. Very clean lines, smooth sides, compact, and carrying the punch of a "full-size" round, but with its heft, it's very pleasant to shoot.
The P7 with the European style, heel-mounted, mag release is commonly called the PSP to differentiate it from the M8 with its "American" style mag release levers. It is indeed a superb carry gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom