Where can I dispose of ammunition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
They'll have that sh*t on camera and you'll be getting a knock on the door.
so funny related story. I was flying out of OKC and needed to get something out of my bag. Found a bunch of 9mm in my bag from unloading my mags on a trip. Threw them all in the airport trash can. Thankfully, never got a knock.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so funny related story. I was flying out of OKC and needed to get something out of my bag. Found a bunch of 9mm in my bag from unloading my mags on a trip. Threw them all in the airport trash can. Thankfully, never got a knock.

One time I had a knife on me that made it through security. It was a European trip so I would probably be going through security again.

I put it in a ziplock, always have a few, and buried in a big planter. 2 weeks later when I got back went by the planter...still there.
icon_smile_big.gif

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put it in a jar and cover with oil. Motor, veggie, does not really matter. Leave for a week or more. The oil will penetrate the primer and powder making it harmless.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought some 9mm fiochi range ammo and some of the rounds are crimped way too far down in the cartridge to shoot. My dad also picked up some 10mm ammo for me at a swap meet at our gun club and the ammo is really corroded. I don’t want to shoot these rounds and I’m not just throw them in the trash. How can I properly dispose of this ammo? Thanks all!!
In the current climate and coming food shortage I would keep it

Latest posts

Top Bottom