Where do people who eat malt vinegar on fries get their tastes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they made Head Country in a 55gal drum we would have one at my house the way the kids go thru it. The original guys might be gone but its the same recipe. Our across the alley neighbor in Pawhuska when I was a kid, Brad Barton, yaaa that Brad (Bad Brads BBQ) went to school with them, Foraker or Shidler I think.

LOL, we don't go after it like your kids, but its pretty good stuff. Carmalized on some baby back ribs is one of our fav's. Paul Shatty is still running the cannery.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. They can wallow in their sauce.

The bottle of hot is mine and mine alone.

The wife has been in bed after work almost every night now whimpering and crying because the last kid is graduating next month and will be gone forever, like the other kids. Me, Im doing the happy dance. Means I DO NOT have to share ANYTHING ANY MORE with ANYBODY. Parents who are now empty nesters know what Im feeling- FREEDOM. No more going to the fridge at 2am for a sammich and grabbing a bottle of your favorite dressing or sauce and it being empty. lolllll...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife has been in bed after work almost every night now whimpering and crying because the last kid is graduating next month and will be gone forever, like the other kids. Me, Im doing the happy dance. Means I DO NOT have to share ANYTHING ANY MORE with ANYBODY. Parents who are now empty nesters know what Im feeling- FREEDOM. lolllll...

I had two sons. When the first left, at 19 to go it alone, it was like a breath of fresh air that one had left and we did our duty. The second, four years later kept hanging around. Great kid.
We needed to remodel the place so I walked him through the house and said "this chair, table, couch, etc, is yours now. You have 30 days to get them out and get an apartment or whatever. Your 22 years old, its time.
When I was his age, I'd already been married, had a kid, was in the Army, and had a goal/progression that I wanted to get to in my and my wifes life. On the second wife by this time, so he took us at our word, and moved out.

I was hit with the no-child syndrome so bad it hurt. You spend almost 25 years of your life mentoring, and setting examples for them, then all of a sudden your faced with nothing.

It was terrible for me anyways. Now its at the point that we are friends, not parent/child.

They tell me the times they thought they hoodwinked me by sneaking our or whatever, and I tell them how I caught them. :D

Also tell them how I thought I did the same to my parents. Get away with some, get caught.

Its pretty fun.

They do not like malt vinegar on their fries to stay on track.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate, spite, loathe catsup. I like tomatoes. All kinds. I love hot sauce. All kinds. Malt vinegar on fries; yessir! A fave.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love malt vinegar on fries and fish from Long John Silver and especially in chili. Malt vinegar in chili is almost as good as a couple of teaspoons of dill juice from the pickle jar.

Ok...now you're making me hungry. :D

I'm another malt vinegar lover. I'm also a ketchup hater too. Ketchup has too much sugar in it these days. I like food that has a bit of a bite to it..

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before I discovered that carbs kill you and stopped ingesting them, I'd vinegar my fries from time to time. Exclusive ketchuping of fries is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Wait, what? Please expound on this.

Okay, technically, carbs don't kill you. But, they do cause your body to unnecessarily pump out insulin and this causes you to get fat. The insulin tricks your fat-burning processes to ignore all that stored energy in your fat cells and just focus on those sugars and starches. (Over time, your body gets resistant to this insulin, so you start producing more and more of the stuff to get the same effect.) The fat grows and grows and that extra weight kills you. If you want to understand the physiology, track down a scientist/writer named Gary Taubes.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Born in Rochester, New York, Taubes studied applied physics at Harvard University (BS, 1977)[3] and aerospace engineering at Stanford University (MS, 1978). After receiving a master's degree in journalism at Columbia University in 1981, Taubes joined Discover magazine as a staff reporter in 1982.[4] Since then he has written numerous articles for Discover, Science and other magazines. Originally focusing on physics issues, his interests have more recently turned to medicine and nutrition

Well, I don't have a degree in Journalism, but I do have advanced degrees in physics.
Does that mean I could write a book and become an instant nutrition expert? :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom