Which Compact?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want something thin, then check out the Kahr pistols (if you have the money, go with the K9/P9, if not, then go with the CW series).

There's always the XD too - I've shot a couple of sub-compacts and everyone who has them love them - they seem to have proven themselves as reliable guns too.

Sig 239 is another to consider as well as the CZ Rami.

artvandolay

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Blutch,

I know that there are a lot of folks out there carrying bigger guns and more power to them...literally. I have carried a full sized gun and even though it is my favorite and most accurate to shoot, carrying a 32 ounce gun with 16 rounds got really old, pretty quick.

One of my carry guns is the PT111 Pro. Taurus has definitely had some bad press. A lot of it occurred during the evolution of the PT111. I have never had any problem with my 3rd generation (that's the current one) so I have not had the occasion to deal with them. However, the PT111 is a great gun to shoot and is easy to carry. My only complaint about it would be the Heine sights. If you're not familiar with them, they can take some getting used to.

A friend of mine that shoots about 1000 rounds a month and has an rather extensive collection of handguns carries the S&W M&P Compact and loves it. If I had it to do over again, I would strongly consider it or the Springfield XD sub-compact.

I have no Glock experience but I know they have a huge following and for a lot of very good reasons.

Good luck with your decision. After you have carried full time for a month, please report back. I would like to hear how it went.

Art

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spend the extra cash and get the Glock or S&W. The Taurus should not even be in the equation.

I would NEVER bet my life or the well-being of my family with a Taurus as my main CCW. Never.

Glocks and S&W's are accurate AND reliable. While the Taurus may be accurate, I don't believe it to be any where near as reliable as the other two makes.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a S&W M&P 9c and I currently own a G33 (same frame as the 26).

The S&W was a great little gun. Nice size. Well made. Reliable. Recoil and recovery wasn't bad at all. I also liked being able to change the back straps out. The only cons: 1) fewer holsters to choose from, 2) fewer aftermarket accessories (those that you do find are normally more expensive then those made for the glock), 3) more expensive mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom