Which OK Democrat will sponsor the bill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oumatt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With democrats in each state being used to rubber stamp bills in legislature, how long until an Oklahoma democrat puts his/her name on one? I've already contacted my Representative to get ahead of the curve. It's not a matter of if, but rather when this will happen in OK.

oumatt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most language in gun control bills being presented in state legislatures comes from liberal think tanks. The democrats are merely attaching their office title to the bills in each state.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any are introduced, and that's a big "if" because nobody wants to spend political capital tinkling into the wind, it'll come from one of the usual suspects with a district in OKC or Tulsa. If it's introduced and if it even gets a committee hearing, I wouldn't be surprised if it died because it couldn't get a second; it certainly wouldn't get enough votes to get out of committee.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With democrats in each state being used to rubber stamp bills in legislature, how long until an Oklahoma democrat puts his/her name on one? I've already contacted my Representative to get ahead of the curve. It's not a matter of if, but rather when this will happen in OK.

Most language in gun control bills being presented in state legislatures comes from liberal think tanks. The democrats are merely attaching their office title to the bills in each state.

Uhhhhh...

What?

We're not mind readers. What the heck are you talking about?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill ok has now if just stupid if you ask me. Why limit it to only guns made in ok?
Basic Civics. Interstate commerce is the purview of the Federal government; restricting it to firearms, etc, made in Oklahoma is keeping it in the realm of intrastate commerce, which is supposed to be the purview of the states. If they expanded it to include firearms not made in Oklahoma, that would be as close as you can get to a slam dunk case if the Feds challenged it in court.

Latest posts

Top Bottom