Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw that in January there were 4900 new applications turned into OSBI. This is a new monthly record for them. The previous record was around 3900 in January 1996..3 months after our concealed carry law went into effect.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked the mail this morning and received a SECOND permit... is that typical? It shows the same license number and photo - the only thing different is the date of issue is one day later than my first card...

LL

connorkeef

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the class you took was for an Oklahoma Handgun License, you can only apply in Oklahoma. Each state has its own requirements for a carry permit in that state. You cannot use the Oklahoma class to apply in another state. You would have to take the class for that state.

Not true. For example, Maine is accepting the Oklahoma class for their requirement. Many other states don't have a "State Class". Fairly sure Florida will as well. Florida laws state
(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any
one of the following:
1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety
course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;

Oklahoma courses are taught by a state-certified firearms instructor (CLEET). That covers both 3 and 7 if I interpreted this right.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not true. For example, Maine is accepting the Oklahoma class for their requirement. Many other states don't have a "State Class". Fairly sure Florida will as well. Florida laws state

Oklahoma courses are taught by a state-certified firearms instructor (CLEET). That covers both 3 and 7 if I interpreted this right.

I stand corrected. However you want to check reciprocity between the state you choose and other states. Maine only has reciprocity with eight states, so you are limited since those eight states are the only ones who honor Maine. Oklahoma will honor Maine since Oklahoma honors all carry permits from any state which issues a permit.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked the mail this morning and received a SECOND permit... is that typical? It shows the same license number and photo - the only thing different is the date of issue is one day later than my first card...

LL

I am pretty sure they sent you mine... Can I borrow some white out when I come pick it up?

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But do you have to be a citizen of that state?
edit: nevermind see next post.

Last edited:

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most instructors are also NRA certified, so taking an NRA safety course will meet some as well. Harder to get out of state permits as a lot, but not all, are requiring you to hold a resident permit for your state of residence, if available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom