Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1.) 10/28/2012 - Original application at Oklahoma County Sheriff's office (Quail Springs)
2.) 11/21/2012 - OSBI charged credit card
3.) 2/4/2013 - Recd License (dated 1/30/2013)

BTW, the last four digits on my license are "1776" ! :wave:

LL

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do you mean by checking up? Did you call OSBI & ask about the status of your application? If so, can you share the # on here? I called to ask a question, as I am a non resident of OK & I have a special situation with my states Drivers License & I wanted to verify that it wouldn't cause a hold up, the person that answered @ OSBI had no clue what I was talking about, so I never had a good feeling about this process.

The only way you can get a Handgun License in Oklahoma without an Oklahoma DL or ID is to be active duty military on permanent assignment in Oklahoma and then your home state DL will suffice.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about the whole out of state cl. Say I took the ok CCW class this past weekend. Can I apply for a FL license? Or does it have to be a FL class. Or even Utah. My only problem is the wait. I was gonna send in my app this week but if I can get one faster I'm all about that.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about the whole out of state cl. Say I took the ok CCW class this past weekend. Can I apply for a FL license? Or does it have to be a FL class. Or even Utah. My only problem is the wait. I was gonna send in my app this week but if I can get one faster I'm all about that.

If the class you took was for an Oklahoma Handgun License, you can only apply in Oklahoma. Each state has its own requirements for a carry permit in that state. You cannot use the Oklahoma class to apply in another state. You would have to take the class for that state.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the class you took was for an Oklahoma Handgun License, you can only apply in Oklahoma. Each state has its own requirements for a carry permit in that state. You cannot use the Oklahoma class to apply in another state. You would have to take the class for that state.

Ah ok. Well looks like I'm turning in my paper work sometime in the next 2 weeks. Then the wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom