Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
IN 2007 the OSBI received 18451 applications for concealed weapons permits. They approved 16426 and denied 561 so they processed 16987 leaving them to start 2008 1464 applications in the hole.

As much as I like to rag on government I don't think they are doing to bad of a job. if you figure about 250 working days a year (5 days X 50 weeks) they are processing on an average 68 applications a day, or roughly one application every 7 minutes.

Source - OSBI

geogecko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just moved back here to sweet Oklahoma back in August. My brother is a LEO in BA, and encouraged me to get the CCL, after several trips to the range.

I signed up for the class at Tulsa Firearms, with 3 weeks to go before the class, I decided to e-mail OSBI for my packet, and got it within a week. I had most everything filled out before attending the class, then finished filling out the rest of it over the weekend. I took my packet in to Tulsa Co., on Feb. 25th. I suspect that it will be around mid May before I hear anything, possibly the end of May. I went ahead and broke down for the 10 year license, just hoping to avoid the frustration of doing this again, any time soon.

The hard part will be waiting for the Milt Sparks holsters I ordered a couple days ago...they are up to 26 weeks backlog! :coffee2:

romeo212000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I submitted mine yesterday and I was awfully optimistic until I started reading this thread. The only thing I am worried about is my fingerprints. I am only 21 so I have good prints still but I have a scar on the outside edge of my left index finger. I would be madder than a hornet to get my rejection letter at 89 days. I am thinking of starting a tally on my bedroom wall, kinda like a prisoner.

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
76 days and I got mine. I had just told a friend (after 60 days) that every night was Christmas eve and maybe Santa would come in the mail the next day. Then I realized that he would probably come on a Saturday and I would have to wait two more days, I was right. Got the letter Saturday and picked my permit up on Monday. (Tulsa County) Jan 22 - Mar 7

I did make good use of the time, wearing around the house all the time. I tried 2 different holsters and even tried none. Ended up with a C-Tac at 3:30 after being all around the right (strong) side.

specialfx78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at day 58. This is ridiculous. I've had a permit for eight years in another state. That permit was recognized by OK until I officially moved here and had to get an OK drivers license. It should be like a drivers license... If you have one already you shouldn't have to wait through this BS again. :pissed:

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose the statute of limitations is up, so I will tell you this. Because of high car tag rates, I kept my Iowa license and tags on my cars for four years in Oklahoma. This was years ago, I waited until OK got their tag prices in line with the normal world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom