Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread everyday. Today is my day and time to post the good news so that others could judge how long their wait might be. Today is 87 days from the day (11/26/08) i handed in my stuff. No letter as of yet. I just went down to the Tulsa county Sheriff's Dept. (second time, stopped by about a week ago with no luck) and asked if my card may have come in and bingo! there it was. Some other interesting info. Issue date on the card is the 7th of Feb. Still no letter as of today 20 Feb. If your reading this, hope yours comes in soon.

asnider123

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comedy of Errors:

A good friend and I took the SDA course and applied together in 2007. I never received notification in mail from the OSBI. Finally, I went to the Sheriff's office and asked them to look in their file and, sure enough, it was there.

My friend (a long-haul trucker who is rarely home) also never received anything in the mail. After I had rec'd my card, he went online to the OSBI website and tried repeatedly to get some info on his status whenever he was home. He never got turned down but he never got much info either. They told him that they were awaiting records from California, where he used to live.

Well, he finally, back in Nov if I remember right, contacted the right person at OSBI and found out that his card had been issued and had been sitting at the Sheriff's office for almost a year. The gal at the sheriff's office had been telling him all along that if he hadn't received the OSBI letter, then it wasn't there and she wouldn't even look in her records. He visited the office in person and had them actually take a look and, surprise!!!

Well, he has it now, but could've gotten it a year earlier if only some clerk at the SO would have taken the time to look in the file cabinet.

Moral of the story: don't count on the letter from the OSBI, visit your local sheriff's office in person if you think you've been waiting long enough.

jwakelee

Marksman
Reaction score
I turned my app in on Dec. 17, OSBI charge came out on Dec. 25. I called OSBI last Friday and they said that mine was completed that week and that they should be sending me a letter in the next two weeks. After reading this post, I will not be waiting for the letter, I will call the SO every couple of days. This was pretty fast, 57 days from app to OSBI saying it was complete, we'll just have to wait to see when it actually comes in!

savedbygrace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on a waiting list in Garfield county just to get my fingerprints and paperwork turned in. It seems the only to it on Tuesdays and by appointment only. . . My appointment . . . March 31

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on a waiting list in Garfield county just to get my fingerprints and paperwork turned in. It seems the only to it on Tuesdays and by appointment only. . . My appointment . . . March 31

Wow. That sucks to have to be on a list. My understanding was Custer County is like that, or at least only has a couple hours one day. That made me feel even better about living just south of the county line. Relaxed, shot the bull a little, got a remark of how that couldn't be my name on the form because the Sheriff hadn't really seen me since I was 4-5, even forgot to bring a money order for the Sheriff and had no problem running across town to get it.

I'm already tired of waiting.

lsushawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turned all my paperwork in yesterday at the TCSO. I figure mine will take a little longer than most since I just got my LA drivers license transfered to OK on Monday. The onwers of our company both got theirs in 65 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom