Who are the top 10 AR-15 manufacturers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys do realize that very few companies actually MAKE AR's. The vast majority simply ASSEMBLE them on a lower that they had roll-marked with their logo. I will agree that QC, fit/finish and customization do vary between different companies. However, unless you are buying from the bottom of the bucket (Hesse, Blackthorne, Vulcan, etc..) they are not so different that it is worth arguing about. Just my humble opinion, YMMV.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one cares what you think because you have yet to answer Promiseofwar's queston. I own eight different brands of ar's and I like the all. Please refer back to post number three...respond or move on!!!

You are not the boss of me!!!

So your three choices, what category or "usage" do you see them excelling at, and tell us about its service history with an emphasis on durability.

Dang, CAR, why do you have to come in here and be the adult? We were having fun.

Last edited:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My top 10. No order here.
Bravo Company
Daniel Defense
Knights Armament
Noveske Rifleworks
LaRue Tactical
JP
Colt
Legion
Seekins
LMT

Honorable mentions. These may or may not make complete rifles but they have pieces and parts I like.
Troy
Centurion
Bison Armory
White Oak Armament
Mega
Smith & Wesson
PRI
Loki (just kidding)

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for your top 10 Ripnbst, Wormydog, and Aestus. Can I give an honorable mention? Sig Sauer M400. It should be ahead of some of the above mentioned AR's i.e. Bushmaster, DPMS etc. I have a DD and a Sig and think both are fine guns. I asked this question to help me decide on a third AR. Thanks for everyone's input!

Latest posts

Top Bottom