Who Controls the ARMY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A source I know in the government informed me last night that Obama is placing the Army under the direction of DHS. That would sure explain why they purchased the rounds of ammo and other supplies. It was suggested that just prior to the next election he will declare martial law, suspend the election and set up a dictatorship to control the US. With the ARMY under DHS it is possible.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is one heck of a rumor to be starting...

Let's just say (for sake of argument) that Obama does announce that he is suspending the presidential election in 2016....there is no way that actually holds much longer than the press conference that was set to announce it. If Congress or any of the checks and balances in place did not immediately stop it, this country would immediately be thrust into a state of revolt. I would make this same argument over any president attempting this and not just Obama.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bama Alum97,

I agree with you. But when I presented those facts to my source he laughed. Then replied that If Obama declares martial law he would close Congress...
As an old history teacher I believe that our checks and balances should prevent that but... this guy, our Pres. doesn't seem to care about following the rules.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying to look up the requirements for declaring martial law....did a google search and there many many hits on this exact topic...several where stories or forum posts at least a year old...

This strengthens my dis-belief in it...Nothing is impossible...I just don't see what possible gain could come from it...the already week economy would completely collapse and he would have little to no support for this type of action. I would venture to say that a large percentage of the military would abandon the cause as well.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should add, that many of the posts/articles I saw speculated that this would happen prior to the 2012 election....

His dictatorship would last mere hours...days at the most...

Latest posts

Top Bottom