Who Controls the ARMY?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We impeached a President for receiving oral sex from an intern, I have a hard time believing that Hussein Obama will be able to utter "martial law" without everything coming to a sudden standstill for his admin.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We impeached a President for receiving oral sex from an intern, I have a hard time believing that Hussein Obama will be able to utter "martial law" without everything coming to a sudden standstill for his admin.

Clinton was impeached for lying while under oath, and it wasn't about Lewinsky.

Presidents can only be impeached for treason, or being found guilty of high crimes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should add, that many of the posts/articles I saw speculated that this would happen prior to the 2012 election....
I heard it from liberals before the '04 and '08 elections, and from conservatives prior to the '96 and '00 elections. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've heard either side come up with a conspiracy theory that 'tother side hadn't already used first, at least as far back as '92 or so (when I first started hearing them).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Presidents can only be impeached for treason, or being found guilty of high crimes.
Nope; they can be impeached for just about anything, according to Article II, Section 4 of the US Constitution:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
-- http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/constitution/Constitution.art2.shtml
Impeachment is not the same thing as being found guilty; being impeached is essentially being indicted. The House impeaches, then the Senate either convicts or (as in the case of Clinton and Johnson) doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom