Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter isn’t old enough to legally carry yet, but I’ve been thinking about what I’ll give her when it’s time. I have a Glock 43, an Sig 238, and recently bought a Smith 642, and as of now, I’m thinking the 642 would be the best option for her. God forbid she ever has to pull it, there’s no safety to remember and have to manipulate and no chance it won’t go bang if/when she pulls the trigger. I’ve been shooting some handloaded wadcutters in it, and it’s very easy to shoot accurately due to lack of recoil.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plus, you ain't gotta pick up your brass! :woohoo1:
That was one of the reasons why I bought my S&W “Model of 1988” 5” 625 back in early 1989. I had a few Colt 1911’s, a Browning Hi Power and my 45ACP Browning BDA … which will send brass 20 feet … and I got tired of chasing brass. I was reloading then and wanted to pick up my twice fired military brass. The moon clips are great in that they eliminate the brass safari.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter isn’t old enough to legally carry yet, but I’ve been thinking about what I’ll give her when it’s time. I have a Glock 43, an Sig 238, and recently bought a Smith 642, and as of now, I’m thinking the 642 would be the best option for her. God forbid she ever has to pull it, there’s no safety to remember and have to manipulate and no chance it won’t go bang if/when she pulls the trigger. I’ve been shooting some handloaded wadcutters in it, and it’s very easy to shoot accurately due to lack of recoil.

I bought a few of the Ruger LCR 38s after I seen what a 380 rnd did not do to a Coyote in a Hay Barn. I sold ever 380 and every 380rnd I had. I also found the LCR are the lightest at 13oz.

Wifey loves hers. I loves mine. Toss a couple speedloaders in her purse and your girl should be good to go.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a few of the Ruger LCR 38s after I seen what a 380 rnd did not do to a Coyote in a Hay Barn. I sold ever 380 and every 380rnd I had. I also found the LCR are the lightest at 13oz.

Wifey loves hers. I loves mine. Toss a couple speedloaders in her purse and your girl should be good to go.
I saw a snubnose LCR 22 magnum recently, and I think that would be a good carry piece for a lady.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

As a diehard Smith & Wesson fan, I gotta admit, the Ruger LCR is in fact a better revolver than the J frame.

Sorry Horace and Daniel. :sorry4:

e2c3d8dc-a88e-4f5f-ad89-fd5da0310f7d_text.gif

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you all think revolvers never "jam" , that all ya have to do is just keep pulling the trigger, they never break, you are all very delusional. Just go watch a USPSA revolver match and take extra hands to count the malfunctions and breakages. There is nothing quite as amusing as watching a high speed revolver guy do a blazing fast reload only to have the cylinder fall out of the gun because the crane screw backed out or sheared as he was "jamming in the speed loader. Or getting done shooting and not being able to open the gun because the ejector rod backed out. Or watching a gun tie up due to bullet pull and or primers backing out, and wor until the guy that gets a little dirt under the ejector "star" and slammed the cylinder shut. Yeah... right... They never "jam" y'all a buncha delusional wheel gun guys, or ya just don't shoot them much.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you all think revolvers never "jam" , that all ya have to do is just keep pulling the trigger, they never break, you are all very delusional. Just go watch a USPSA revolver match and take extra hands to count the malfunctions and breakages. There is nothing quite as amusing as watching a high speed revolver guy do a blazing fast reload only to have the cylinder fall out of the gun because the crane screw backed out or sheared as he was "jamming in the speed loader. Or getting done shooting and not being able to open the gun because the ejector rod backed out. Or watching a gun tie up due to bullet pull and or primers backing out, and wor until the guy that gets a little dirt under the ejector "star" and slammed the cylinder shut. Yeah... right... They never "jam" y'all a buncha delusional wheel gun guys, or ya just don't shoot them much.
Yeah, let’s compare Apples and oranges.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Any and every mechanical device is prone to failure. Yes, I've seen revolver go out to lunch as well. But they're not quite as likely to do so compared to a semi-auto pistol. But yeah...don't kid yourself. They'll sh*t on you too. Murphys law.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish the LCR was just a little shorter in overall length for pocket carry.

Yeah, I also wish they didn't rattle when you shake, like there's something loose inside. When I first had one, I even called Ruger and told them about it. They said that was normal. :ugh2: Damn things sound like a peanut in a tin can when ya shake em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom