Why such a short gun season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how do we stop this, or prevent it from getting out of hand?

Not gonna happen. Okla is in a recprical agreement with other neighboring states to not rape the other state for out of state tags.
Hell, it cost me a non resident tag to take my grandson fishing, and beyond my resources to take my grandson hunting for a day or two when he is here for thanksgiving.

I've got twin grandkids from Tx that will be old enough to fish shortly, so if you think the new laws that upped the prices on out of state tags, and did away with non-resident lifetime licenses are paid for by non-residents, are sadly misinformed.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO the last thing OK needs is more pressure on it's buck population. I would support a longer gun season for does. OK hunters need to stop killing 1 1/2 year old bucks.

Until the majority of the state agrees with you, this will not change.

I am a very selective hunter when it comes to bucks but I am not going to force my beliefs on anyone. As long as the majority of hunters are just happy seeing a good number of deer(regardless of sex or size), then the state will not impose trophy management restrictions.

The bottom line is that if you guys want change, then you have to voice your thoughts to the ODWC.

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plenty long. By the end of it I am ready for it to be over so I can hit the woods with my bow and not worry about people shooting all around me and walking all their land out trying to jump deer!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom