Why you should CCW every day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My fiance used to work at the pharmacy in NE OK as a pharmacist intern, she once told me that her store got robbed, the robber didnt demanded for money, he want pain pills. A month or so after her store got robbed again. :( .

MiKelly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
let me pass along an experience I had. I am a Police Officer and I started to become complacent in carrying when I was off duty. I only had my Glock 31 that I carried in a Blackhawk Serpa hip holster when I was off duty and I started to leave it at the house when I would go out because it was just too darn big to carry all the time comfortably especially in the summertime. I did not have any other pistols that I could carry at the time and I did not carry a back up gun when I was on duty.

I was in a pharmacy and I was the only customer there. I was in the store for about 30 minutes and as I was leaving I held the door open for another "customer" as the were entering. I did not thing anything about it but when I got to work that night I learned that the pharmacy I was in earlier in the day had been robbed at gunpoint. I went back to the jail to take a look at the guy who had robbed the store (because we caught him later in the day) and would you believe it was the same guy I had held the door open to when I was leaving the pharmacy.

I was only seconds away from being in a gunfight with this guy and I did not even know it...and I did not have a gun on me at the time. I was not a very good sheep dog on this day and I am ashamed that I was so complacent in my carry habits. I now carry a Smith and Wesson 642 Deluxe Talo Edition in my pocket everyday all day even when I am at the house. Or I will carry my new Ruger LCP. I even now carry one of these two guns as a back up gun while on duty.

I guess what I am trying to say is you never know when violence will occur and the best policy is to be a boy scout (always prepared). I took an oath to protect life, property and to protect the constitution and that means I may have to kill someone to do so...but I can only do these things If I have to tools at hand to protect.

If you have a CCW permit you should carry every day all day without fail. Find a gun that works for you even if it is just a small .380 because any gun is better than no gun at all. Just my 2 cents.

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and a bigger man to post it on the internet. Thanks for your honesty and your support for armed citizens as a police officer. I pray for you guys (and girls) every day.

Ropinghorns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week a guy I know was standing in line in front of the bank robber. He left before the crime, but police saw him on video and questioned him later as to try to find the robber. Never know!!!!!!!

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your thoughts are appreciated, along with your personal experience. As we know from reading various gun publications, critical incidents can arise without warning and the best policy is to be prepared and aware. Unfortunately, our betters have determined that we are not to be trusted to be armed in certain locations and circumstances due to the "sensitive nature" (Heller ruling language) of those locations. Since I work at one of those locations, by law I cannot even have a firearm in the car during the commute unless I park off-site (not really feasible/realistic).

Real freedom and the rights of citizens are now mere nebulous concepts without reality for many because we have traded them for the appearance of security. The political fight to get them back will be long and arduous but I am going to do my part in carefully screening candidates for public office. Bottom line: if the candidate/office-holder does not trust you with your firearm then you can't trust them to do the right thing as regards your freedom and rights as a citizen.
I'm lucky that I can carry most everywhere I'm at. I fully agree with you that we should work to change the Laws that prohibit us from carrying where we might need it. Something that is better than nothing, where you are prohibited from carrying, is a good Cane. Might think about that!

The Undertaker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Wow, this is a great web site. The story about the sheep is good too. I'm new to this site and this is my first post. Live in California where the laws arw getting tougher. My wife and I started out shooting Cowboy Fast Draw 2 1/2 years ago and got hooked on guns. Fast Draw shoots wax bullets but we have since moved on to live rounds. Even though CFDA shoots wax, it gets you in tune with the guns, increases accuracy and improves your reflex and speed. Thanks for such a great place to keep in touch!

Anaconda40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the original post. Bad things happen when we least expect them, because if we were expecting them we would either take necessary precautions or avoid the situation all together.

I'm in the habit of never letting myself be more than arms reach. That's in the home, too. Call me paranoid, but I never drive my car without a jack and spare tire either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom