Wildlife Dept. is gouging us now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hmmm, another 33% cost? I'll just go to Academy, thanks. But a stamp that lets you take 6/day, x365 days in a year, for put and take delicious fish, is the best bargain in the history of the world. I accidentally forgot I'd already bought one last year and bought a second one, but when I realized it, wasn't upset since it's such a fantastic deal and I took at least 1 limit of 6 per $10.

Me and the wildlife department *almost* went round and round when it was rumored that they were going to attempt to claim that a lifetime license didn't include legacy permits. They apparently decided to see it our way before taking a hard stance the other way.

Hunting For One

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather give "Our Oklahoma Wildlife Department" Alittle extra money than shopping Wal Mart and Arkansas benefits from the sale or go to Academy and where ever benefit from the sale.Help out Oklahoma buy in Oklahoma.Just my 2 cents.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree it's gouging. online license is a benefit to the ODW because it's all automated without the administrative dollars involved with making sure the 3rd party gets their fee and all the other associated paperwork. charging a convenience fee is being greedy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree it's gouging. online license is a benefit to the ODW because it's all automated without the administrative dollars involved with making sure the 3rd party gets their fee and all the other associated paperwork. charging a convenience fee is being greedy.

Again, my credit card says Bass Pro does the administrative work for the $3 fee.
Its a CONVIENCE fee! You don't have to pay it if you don't want to. That can't be gouging. your only gouged if you are forced to pay it and your not.
It cost me twice that to go to walmart or any other place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It shows up as Bass Pro? Im pretty sure it has always shown up as wildlifedepartment on mine I would have to go back and look to be 100%

It did when they first started it.
I just did it on line for my trout license, I'll have to look at my bill and see where it was done at.

Update: went to the basspro web site, and got this link. Its different than before, but I'll still check the billing adress on my card bill.

Its still a convience fee that you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...eId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=120

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
potayto, potahto
convience fee, gouging

Greed may be more appropriate. The reason things are cheaper online than in store is because it is more convenient to the customer, and available to a larger market share.
License is $42, I assume retailers get 5% of everything sold. Ordering online saves the ODW the 5% by selling direct to the consumer, and they want an additional $3 for making the entire process easier? GREED.
Don't get me wrong, I pay the fee because I LOATHE retail stores, and I only dislike ODW greed.:D
Without giving a financial siminar on the time value of money, it is not economically sound business to pay for a lifetime license. More convenient by a mile, but all other factors would advise one against paying up front.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, Not good to buy a lifetime license I have heard it all now. First off, a retailer DOES NOT get a dime for selling licenses. Second, I purchased my lifetime license on my 14th birthday, just in deer tags alone I had recouped my cost by my 18th birthday. If I would have died the day after, that $400 bucks wouldn't have meant anything to me anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom