Will you ever vote Republican Again or At All?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Party is nothing more than a team. Neither party is what they were ten years ago, and the same can be said for any of the alternative "parties" also. Primaries are vitally inportant, and for them to be effective, the voting public must be involved in determining who will be the "starting quarterback" for the team. If we don't get involved by vetting potential individuals, communicating with those currentlyu in office and those who might be considered for office, then we are stuck with whoever ends up on top of the team roster.

I listened to an interesting discussion of the approach Dr. MLK used in the civil rights movement, and how his approach actually generated progress as opposed to the Malcom X approach.

We could learn much from MLK's efforts.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Party is nothing more than a team. Neither party is what they were ten years ago, and the same can be said for any of the alternative "parties" also. Primaries are vitally inportant, and for them to be effective, the voting public must be involved in determining who will be the "starting quarterback" for the team. If we don't get involved by vetting potential individuals, communicating with those currentlyu in office and those who might be considered for office, then we are stuck with whoever ends up on top of the team roster.

I listened to an interesting discussion of the approach Dr. MLK used in the civil rights movement, and how his approach actually generated progress as opposed to the Malcom X approach.

Ideally ... yes. But I am not sure how effective Dr. King's appproach would be today. Maybe "Major Kong's" approach for today.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This partisan us-vs-them nonsense has got to go. There are a small number of loud folks on the fringes who garner most of the attention and make everyone in the middle look bad. That loud minority wouldn't be allowed to the steer the ship if everyone in the middle ignored them and voted their values.

Not their issues, but their values. I think that's an important distinction.

I've been a registered Independent for 20-something years. Sometimes I vote for a Republican. Sometimes I vote for a Democrat. I weigh the candidates' character, consider where they stand among my personal values, and cast my vote for the one who I think will do the best job.

Most importantly, we need to slow down and think for ourselves. We have to stop letting talking heads whip us up into a fury. It will never be productive.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ideally ... yes. But I am not sure how effective Dr. King's appproach would be today. Maybe "Major Kong's" approach for today.

Well, you can see the results of the Malcom X approach by looking back at 1/6. Working within the Constitution was, and is now, the best approach to correcting any real or imagined wrongs within our nation.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We're gonna learn a lot more in 2027 when the MLK records are no longer Top Secret.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Plus it's a killer panty dropper!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this debate many times. Trump has had good policies from the republican stand point and has done pretty much what he said he would do when he first running his campaign. Like him or hate him, the people voted for what he said he would do and he did it.
His mouth and ego will forever be his issue.

I had a client tell me that if Trump would have simply kept his mouth shut, stayed off of Twitter, and spoke with humility, he would probably go down as the most accomplished republican president we have ever had. Not the most liked but the most accomplished.

I tend to agree with that comment; however, Trump being Trump led to his demise on obtaining a second term. I agree that voting practices put into place in many states were not lawful, so as to the argument about state legislatures deciding on voting laws instead of the Governors who pushed things through. If Trump would have acted differently in a few areas, I don't think the voting would have been close enough to have to worry about the votes the other way.

My 2 cents.
I agree. I would also like to add his performance or lack thereof in the debates. I remember how excited I was this summer because it was getting close and I just knew Trump would eat Biden alive. Boy was I wrong. Trump certainly didn’t bring in any new voters with those lackluster performances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom