Will you ever vote Republican Again or At All?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the same principle of rooting against things. Like I don't give too much of a crap about NFL but I'll always root against the Pats. I don't watch MLB but I'll always root against the Yankees. People get motivated by spite or by wanting the fight much easier than wanting the feel good thing. It's why most wars are always rooted in dividing people into sides.

All wars are economic wars. Divisions are created to ramp up the serfs and get them motivated. Even the Indian wars before 1492 were economic - my people vs your people for access to resources.

It's at least honest when the warriors know what they're fighting for, something American GIs have been lied to about for a long, long time.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is less a case of being "rigged but more a case of voters not taking the time to actually learn about the incumbent and challengers. Far too many folks believe that elections are "rigged" so why bother.
Rigged as in the party knows who they want and that's where the funding and support goes. It takes money and support of the party to get on the ticket or be elected....unless your a billionaire.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No sir. A third party is casting your vote for the candidate or option you feel best about.
Correct. And not voting for a good third party candidate and voting for "the lesser of two evils" is how we still end up with evil. That's why it will never change if we don't vote for the best people regardless of party.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No sir. A third party is casting your vote for the candidate or option you feel best about.
I respect your opinion.
The reason we got clinton is because of Ross Perot running in a third party. Had he registered as a Republican he would have had 8 years as POTUS IMHO.
Great patriot and American. It's a shame we didn't get him elected.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respect your opinion.
The reason we got clinton is because of Ross Perot running in a third party. Had he registered as a Republican he would have had 8 years as POTUS IMHO.
Great patriot and American. It's a shame we didn't get him elected.

You really think Perot would have won the primaries? Against Bush?

I'm not saying you're delusional, but yes I am.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yes, the old "Third Party cost Bush and Dole" canard.

Bush cost Bush the election. Exit polling showed that Perot voter's second choice candidate was evenly split between Bush and Clinton which makes it a wash. Bush cut himself off at the knees with his tax issue and just generally being dull. The economy didn't help either. I voted against Bush in the primary that year because he was so dull. I voted for him in the General though.

Same thing in '96 when Perot ran again and the percentage margin made it appear that he cost Dole the election, if one just assumed every vote for Perot would have otherwise gone to Dole.

Republican's are just like Dems when it comes to losing...it's always someone else's fault. Bushers blamed Perot, Hillary blamed Russia, Trump blamed a vast left-wing conspiracy and RINOs (when he was the ultimate RINO). Someday folks will look internally and figure out what they need to different or better to capture votes.

In low turnout years, more people don't vote than do. Imagine if all of them, or a good part of them showed up for a third party. We could finally break the extra-constitutional two party system....but they get shouted down and told they are wasting their vote or called "libs" for not voting for the Republican LOL. Just silly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom