With utmost respect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The forum is only as good as the members make it be.

Normally I would agree with you 100%, but there were housekeeping issues that went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long before they were taken care of. A lot of those members that got tired of waiting for the floor to get swept, left.

Let me start by saying that over the 10+years that I have enjoyed OKshooters, I have had thousands of communications and dozens of great transactions with the members of this community. With that being said, is it just me or has OKshooters gone down the drain? I used to check this great forum many times per day. Now, it is an after thought for me. I may get on here once or twice a week just to see that nothing is going on. There used to be tons more classifieds, hundreds of people online at the same time, and always some new and interesting topic being discussed. What has changed? Am I the only one that feels this way? This used to be a top notch community that I frequented, but now....not so much. Please don't ban me for posting this. I genuinely care about this community and it's future.

Dane

Hopefully those days are over.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the way the new management is running this place. While I do not agree with everything, for my two cents it is better than the previous management/ownership.

Classifieds … Having opened up the window to allow people who just joined to post instead of waiting, this allows for the potential of more people to post their ads. While there may not be the items one wants to see available in these classifieds or for the price one may want to pay; there are a lot of items for sale. Capitalism is a wonderful thing but the lack of what one wants to see in the Classifieds or for the price they think is “fair” is not on the management or the members … it’s just the market.

Members … It’s a forum. Lot of people with a lot of different ideas. Some of these ideas and thoughts might be just idle musings and ramblings about tater-tots or about the ride to work. Don’t like them? That’s fine. Just don’t read them. We are not all going to be marching in lock-step all the time. That’s OK.

That said, need to give some credit to the management for their handling of the “extreme” cases, such as …

Remember the guy who used this forum as his personal “blog” … name was something like “Norrino”? Copied and pasted his vision of the world using mindless political propaganda that was left of Mao? The administration moved him to “Stupid Stuff” and then out. Same with the guy who called me a “paid troll for the Israeli government” simply because I have a decent albeit caustic vocabulary and was not a fan of Trump in the primaries. Or how about the legendary “Okeydoke”? He was banished to the “Isle of Stupid” and then faded into the world of his “9mm magnum” imagination.

Moderators … What a **** job having to “babysit” the likes of a so-called adult like me. For what it is worth and for another two of my hard earned cents they do an excellent job. And this is coming from a guy who was banned once for providing return fire to some religious bigots that the previous administration protected and then banned a second time for challenging a Mod (more on that one in a few seconds) for being intellectually dishonest.

Lastly … I don’t like all the content on my TV set but I am not mad at the TV for it. Like DruryJ said, this place is what the people make it which at the root it will be good, bad and indifferent ... it's a forum of people who (thank God) are not all alike. Do what you can do to make the place better than when you found it and it will be more “good” than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally I would agree with you 100%, but there were housekeeping issues that went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long before they were taken care of. A lot of those members that got tired of waiting for the floor to get swept, left.

Hopefully those days are over.
It is not over, the culture of the Mods continues, do not be critical of them, which is part of the problem. I think the other part of the problem the same issue Firearms manufactures are having, Obama and Democrats are no longer in control. This is mostly a conservative political forum, not a firearms forum, with nothing interesting to talk about. Therefore, the forum needs to discuss numerous topics, other than politics.
My idea would be mods over areas that they are interested in, they could introduce topics, keep threads going, and build a community. Druryj could be over the feel good, cooking, and eating area. Basically, a different mod for each area. When that mod leaves that area to post in a different area they stop being a mod and use a different profile. If you did that, mods would have to follow the same rules as everyone else. In the political area, a mod just needs to introduce topics and lock threads when they turn into insults, don't let them go on forever. You cannot have someone like YG insulting people and having authority over the forum, how could that ever be a recipe for success?
I would like to go to the Eat and Shoots in OKC, I think Druryj is a good guy and great American, but he has pissed me off in a couple of the political topics, by winning a debate because he a mod. Therefore, I would never sit down and eat a meal with him because I do not respect him as a man. If he had never been posting in the political section as a mod, I would of went to the event yesterday. as a disclaimer, I am not trolling Druryj I am only using him as an example. I think that I might be the one being immature about it, but I am just being honest.
The management of the forum does not make sense. If this was a bank, the head floor sweeper would never be allowed to make decisions about loans. Even a grocery store has department managers. The biggest part would be the mod over he fishing area, is not bashing people in another area, which would cause members to avoid the fishing area. The problem with this forum is, the mods/owners have caused members to leave, then defend their right to post the same as every other member.
At this point changing the owner, setup/look, mods, icon, brand, or name is not going to bring those members back that have left the forum but still look in, a reorganization and different way of running the forum is needed.
I think my point is, we need mods and members that promote the forum in their area, not tear it down.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is that this board has little to do with shooting anymore. Relative to the past that is. We used to have some pretty good input from a knowledgeable base a LONG time ago. Then we went through a period under Kelly where the mods took themselves WAY too seriously and started deleting anything they disagreed with. Under JB I thought things were decent but again you had some mod issues which translated to some members that took themselves way too seriously, got all huffy with their wet diapers and started another forum. Lately, it seems you had a ton of drama coming from either a mod or an admin or both.... dunno the whole story. Either way it seems we have a bunch of liberal minded boys trolling around here and that were management as well, seems to me, and I could be wrong, that we had some fake accounts that posted awfully similar to an admin. This doesn't bode well for a shooting board. Too much drama.

Personally, I ran a car board back in the day and in certain forums you could say anything you would like, suffice being illegal. In the tech minded forums, they were moderated so as to relay information and keep people on the subject. JMO.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not over, the culture of the Mods continues, do not be critical of them, which is part of the problem. I think the other part of the problem the same issue Firearms manufactures are having, Obama and Democrats are no longer in control. This is mostly a conservative political forum, not a firearms forum, with nothing interesting to talk about. Therefore, the forum needs to discuss numerous topics, other than politics.
My idea would be mods over areas that they are interested in, they could introduce topics, keep threads going, and build a community. Druryj could be over the feel good, cooking, and eating area. Basically, a different mod for each area. When that mod leaves that area to post in a different area they stop being a mod and use a different profile. If you did that, mods would have to follow the same rules as everyone else. In the political area, a mod just needs to introduce topics and lock threads when they turn into insults, don't let them go on forever. You cannot have someone like YG insulting people and having authority over the forum, how could that ever be a recipe for success?
I would like to go to the Eat and Shoots in OKC, I think Druryj is a good guy and great American, but he has pissed me off in a couple of the political topics, by winning a debate because he a mod. Therefore, I would never sit down and eat a meal with him because I do not respect him as a man. If he had never been posting in the political section as a mod, I would of went to the event yesterday. as a disclaimer, I am not trolling Druryj I am only using him as an example. I think that I might be the one being immature about it, but I am just being honest.
The management of the forum does not make sense. If this was a bank, the head floor sweeper would never be allowed to make decisions about loans. Even a grocery store has department managers. The biggest part would be the mod over he fishing area, is not bashing people in another area, which would cause members to avoid the fishing area. The problem with this forum is, the mods/owners have caused members to leave, then defend their right to post the same as every other member.
At this point changing the owner, setup/look, mods, icon, brand, or name is not going to bring those members back that have left the forum but still look in, a reorganization and different way of running the forum is needed.
I think my point is, we need mods and members that promote the forum in their area, not tear it down.

The cheap shots that pop up on here also make OSA a crappy place sometimes. For example, the above comments serve no positive purpose at all, yet some people just love to troll others because that's the kind of people they are. Little people with low self esteem perhaps? Jealous? Bitter at the direction their life has gone? How sad...I have given up trying to be friendly to some because they just take pot shots at every opportunity rather than contributing to the forum in a meaningful way. Instead, I at least try to be helpful and friendly to other members. Most of us here are that way; thank goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The problem is that this board has little to do with shooting anymore. Relative to the past that is. We used to have some pretty good input from a knowledgeable base a LONG time ago. Then we went through a period under Kelly where the mods took themselves WAY too seriously and started deleting anything they disagreed with. Under JB I thought things were decent but again you had some mod issues which translated to some members that took themselves way too seriously, got all huffy with their wet diapers and started another forum. Lately, it seems you had a ton of drama coming from either a mod or an admin or both.... dunno the whole story. Either way it seems we have a bunch of liberal minded boys trolling around here and that were management as well, seems to me, and I could be wrong, that we had some fake accounts that posted awfully similar to an admin. This doesn't bode well for a shooting board. Too much drama.

Personally, I ran a car board back in the day and in certain forums you could say anything you would like, suffice being illegal. In the tech minded forums, they were moderated so as to relay information and keep people on the subject. JMO.

I agree and would enjoy reading more posts about the shooting sports. Lot of folks here that I truly look up to and admire for their knowledge and experience behind a trigger.

That said, there are more posts about firearms and the shooting sports than there are not.

Out of the 50 Most Recent Posts, 40 were about firearms including one post about firearm legislation. Two about cars. One about the weather as well as one post for a dog, hearing aids, suspenders, fitness, United Airlines, an illegal alien and this thread about the forum.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
The cheap shots that pop up on here also make OSA a crappy place sometimes. For example, the above comments serve no positive purpose at all, yet some people just love to troll others because that's the kind of people they are. Little people with low self esteem perhaps? Jealous? Bitter at the direction their life has gone? How sad...I have given up trying to be friendly to some because they just take pot shots at every opportunity rather than contributing to the forum in a meaningful way. Instead, I at least try to be helpful and friendly to other members. Most of us here are that way; thank goodness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am attempting to be helpful. I do not care for you. You do not care for me, I think that is understood. The first thing you did as a Mod was tell me to leave the forum. Therefore, I do not care for you. I do not see how you tossing insults improves the forum, it proves my exact point about the issues with mods on here. The next thing that will happen is I will be ban from this thread and put in timeout because you do not believe you do anything wrong. My post was not about you at all, I actually said I was the one being childish, but your self esteem is the issue.
Do you see how you focused on just the part about you as an example not an insult, but you got your panties twisted up? You did not discuss the majority of my post.

Last edited:

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree and would enjoy reading more posts about the shooting sports. Lot of folks here that I truly look up to and admire for their knowledge and experience behind a trigger.

That said, there are more posts about firearms and the shooting sports than there are not.

Out of the 50 Most Recent Posts, 40 were about firearms including one post about firearm legislation. Two about cars. One about the weather as well as one post for a dog, hearing aids, suspenders, fitness, United Airlines, an illegal alien and this thread about the forum.
Which one of those threads will actually be more than 10-20 posts?

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is mostly a conservative political forum,

No, it is not. It was formerly primarily frequented by conservatives, but JB Books and his band of sycophant mods pushed their libertarian garbage so much that conservatives got tired of not having a venue of expression. Books and company would harass and bully conservatives and Christians, and Christian conservatives so much that it wasn't worth the effort to engage in dialogue. They insisted on monologue, and got what they wanted. Deny it all you like, but this ghost town of a forum is proof.

I wouldn't even have logged on, but the above quote ("This is mostly a conservative political forum,") could not be more wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom