Woods Gun to carry while hiking hunting or fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said they were typically not considered adequate. The key word is typically. Maybe it is too big a word for you so I'll explain it for you. The vast majority of the websites and forums I visited agreed that those calibers were not ideal for large animals. I never said that those calibers could not kill animals. I was merely quoting multiple opinions of people who write about this sort of thing. I never presented it as fact, I offered as an answer to why people change calibers for the trail. You might have picked up on that had you not gone straight to asshat mode.
Further, I'm not sure how stating that you're a combat vet should win you this non argument. I don't remember going through 'shooting large animals with a sidearm' training when I was in the army. While I appreciate your military service, I find mentioning it in this context to be a cheap way to convince anyone of your firearms expertise as it is irrelevant to the current discussion.
Perhaps its because I've seen it used as a "people round" as you call it, as well as used on animals personally, and have not had any issues killing an animal with it. For the record your correct, its isn't adequate for a water buffalo, but then again neither is a 5.56.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps its because I've seen it used as a "people round" as you call it, as well as used on animals personally, and have not had any issues killing an animal with it. For the record your correct, its isn't adequate for a water buffalo, but then again neither is a 5.56.

Dude you're just arguing to argue. You either choose not to get my point or it is beyond you. Either way I'm done explaining it to you.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W Governor sounds like a winner here. You can shoot 45LC, 45 ACP and .410 through it.

I say the governor because it is 6 rounds where the Judge is only 5. That and the Judge is a Taurus.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
S&W Governor sounds like a winner here. You can shoot 45LC, 45 ACP and .410 through it.

I say the governor because it is 6 rounds where the Judge is only 5. That and the Judge is a Taurus.

it can't handle the high pressure 45 colt +P (Corbon, buffalo bore) though

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dude you're just arguing to argue. You either choose not to get my point or it is beyond you. Either way I'm done explaining it to you.

Ok, explain this to me then please. Where I the 45acp lacking? There are plenty of good expanding rounds that I would not carry for self defense because they penetrate too deep, to me that makes them good candidates for hunting

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Ok, explain this to me then please. Where I the 45acp lacking? There are plenty of good expanding rounds that I would not carry for self defense because they penetrate too deep, to me that makes them good candidates for hunting

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

The question was why do people switch calibers in the woods. My reply was that they didn't think 9mm were adequate. It's as simple as that. I wasn't arguing calibers. I was stating why people switch. That's all. Look around online and almost everywhere you go that is what people say. Apparently that's a bit too complicated for people to get on here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom