Worth Jumping On?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Father-in-law called me and has a Guy wanting to sell a mossberg 500A with 28" barrel for $200. I've been thinking to get a 12ga shotgun soon since i don't have one but haven't really started a real search. Considering the gun is in good shape, is this a deal i should jump on or nothing to be excited about?

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Thought it sounded like a pretty decent deal but wasn't sure if it was worth making a purchase now that I was planning for a few months down the road. May go ahead and do it then.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna call the guy in the a.m. what all should I ask?

type of choke?
does it have pistol grip? etc. etc.

I know I know, I'm a noob. bought my first firearm almost a year ago and this shotgun would make 4. carry pistol for each my wife and I. rifle, now a shotty. trying to stock up now that wife has decided she's cool with guns. :-) but still have alot to learn.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the cheap one, Mossberg Maverick 88, had it about 5 years and it's a good solid gun.
Good price for the 500, I'd just ask how long they have owned it, any problems, ect. And in person check all the moving parts for any uneven wear and tear, look at the reciever and down the barrel for unusual wear or deep scratches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom