Would you support 100% background checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would yu support 100% background checks through the current system with no records?

• yes, I have nothing to hide and this is reasonable

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hell no, get off my lawn!

Votes: 84 85.7%
  • Only if a republican president asks

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • What does it matter? As soon as I buy a new gun, I lose it on the boat.

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No.

Forcing me to check the background of some body to buy a tool is ridiculous. I am not responsible for the intent of another person. I will concede that i may be liable in some way if i know that the other person will do evil with that tool, but ultimately the responsibility for ones action lays squarely at the foot of the perpetrator. If they are not legally able to possess a firearm they, and only they, should be held accountable for acquiring one.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm willing to compromise. If they repeal the machine gun ban, and allow the market to become a little more reasonable. They can even keep the transfer fee.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's already illegal to buy a gun and then commit a crime with it.
It's illegal to buy a car and then commit a crime with it as well. It's illegal to commit crimes, already with anything.

In countries with extreme gun control, like UK, the violent crime rate is WAY higher than the USA. 5 times higher in the UK than the USA. What makes you think that restricting law abiding good people from purchasing useful tools like guns or cars will stop criminals from committing crimes?
In fact the opposite, it will encourage criminals to commit more crimes. Consider the crime of mass shootings. There is a reason why mass shootings are successful in gun-free zones like at Newtown, but fail in areas where a good person with a gun stopped the shooting, like in the Oregon mall.
Consider Reading : "More guns, less crime", by Dr. John Lott, for starters.
:)

I Don't think law abiding citizens should be restricted, never said anything close to that.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a popular sentiment but makes no sense if you read the second amendment and related case law. The right to bear arms is not absolute and can and should be regulated.

I'm well-versed in the Second Amendment and related case-law, including the Slaughter-House cases that the courts nearly unanimously agree were wrongly decided and merit revisiting. They could have been revisited in McDonald had the NRA not screwed supporters of the Second Amendment by dropping the P-or-I arguments that had gotten the case to the SCOTUS (without the NRA's help) and instead opting to pursue Due Process. To me, that shows that the NRA would rather look out for themselves rather than the right to keep and bear arms.

P-or-I would have largely closed the door by subjecting any firearms laws to strict scrutiny rather than rational basis or intermediate scrutiny. The Due Process route ensured the survival of the NRA and other supposedly pro-2A groups by requiring the SCOTUS to evaluate each specific infringement of the Second Amendment individually and directing lower courts to presume any prohibition prior to McDonald as being Constitutional post-McDonald.

Latest posts

Top Bottom