Would you support 100% background checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would yu support 100% background checks through the current system with no records?

• yes, I have nothing to hide and this is reasonable

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hell no, get off my lawn!

Votes: 84 85.7%
  • Only if a republican president asks

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • What does it matter? As soon as I buy a new gun, I lose it on the boat.

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep 100% check system would be unenforcable unless it was so invasive that it would be totally unacceptable. I do think checks at gun shows and auctions would be possible. Problem is dirtbags would find some where else to get firearms.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a popular sentiment but makes no sense if you read the second amendment and related case law. The right to bear arms is not absolute and can and should be regulated.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's pretty damn absolute. Just because lawyers, politicians, and the courts have bastardized it doesn't mean the right isn't absolute. Lawyers, politicians, and the courts once deemed certain people to be less than a person. They can and frequently are wrong.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a popular sentiment but makes no sense if you read the second amendment and related case law. The right to bear arms is not absolute and can and should be regulated.

Says you and 5 or 6 men and women that wear black robes to feel imperial. That does not make it right or worth giving up. It is however the current law.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you pinky swear promise?

.You all are correct....mass murderers should be allowed to buy guns and anyone with enough $$$ should be able to purchase or build a nuke.

.are you that "special kind of stoopid"?

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You all are correct....mass murderers should be allowed to buy guns and anyone with enough $$$ should be able to purchase or build a nuke.

It's already illegal to buy a gun and then commit a crime with it.
It's illegal to buy a car and then commit a crime with it as well. It's illegal to commit crimes, already with anything.

In countries with extreme gun control, like UK, the violent crime rate is WAY higher than the USA. 5 times higher in the UK than the USA. What makes you think that restricting law abiding good people from purchasing useful tools like guns or cars will stop criminals from committing crimes?
In fact the opposite, it will encourage criminals to commit more crimes. Consider the crime of mass shootings. There is a reason why mass shootings are successful in gun-free zones like at Newtown, but fail in areas where a good person with a gun stopped the shooting, like in the Oregon mall.
Consider Reading : "More guns, less crime", by Dr. John Lott, for starters.
:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom