Would you support 100% background checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would yu support 100% background checks through the current system with no records?

• yes, I have nothing to hide and this is reasonable

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Hell no, get off my lawn!

Votes: 84 85.7%
  • Only if a republican president asks

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • What does it matter? As soon as I buy a new gun, I lose it on the boat.

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoachR64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Don't think law abiding citizens should be restricted, never said anything close to that.

Explain how the new laws that were being proposed do not restrict law abiding citizens? Criminals are not restricted because, by definition, criminals do not follow laws. If you feel law abiding folks should not be restricted, then how can you support universal background checks?

Prior to 1934, you could order a machine gun through the mail with no checks. Delivered to your door. We didn't have the mass shooting issues then that we have today. How many of these shootings would checks have prevented? Hint, the answer is less than 1.

Checks are nothing more than a way to collect info on the law abiding for later use. Forcing checks and the fees that go with using an FFL for this service is equivalent of taxing a basic right. We don't pay taxes to speak or vote. Why should we be taxed to own a gun?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Commerce between individuals and the mere possession of small arms do not constitute a violation of anybody's rights. It is wrong to initiate force against everyone by placing a prior restraint on this right just to try to stop some future crimes that may be someday committed by a few of them. It is horribly overbroad and unjust.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for just using the laws already on the books.
If you really want to make a difference get the judges/parole boards to ensure maximum full term sentencing for gun violence.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!

Dirtbags will be dirtbags. ENFORCE THE LAW, lock-up the dirtbags. Capital punishment IS a deterent. I can guarantee once given the needle, that dirtbag will NOT commit another crime = 100% deterence.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Until "their" attitude of persecution changes, I'm not willing to give an inch on anything no matter how "reasonable" it sounds. They can wave all the bloody T-shirts they want while screaming buzzwords such as "common sense", I will still be against everything they propose no matter what because they have proven to be completely corrupt and agenda driven.

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Felcher strikes again. He must be pals with Ace. Neither I, nor my guns, (if i had any) have ever committed a crime bad enough to take away my right to arms. That being said, I just want to be left the hell alone. I'm one of the good guys who is a productive member of society.

Latest posts

Top Bottom