Yo!!! Watch What You Are Eating...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found his guest, Nina Teicholz, several years ago. She exposes so much fraud in dietary science and the food industry.
The whole cholesterol scam started back the 50's with a guy named Ancel Keys, long story.
Lobbyists and money drive everything including food.
So far their advice is working great, we have a wonderful obesity and diabetic epidemic going on. And what do you know, the drug companies can rescue us all.
I don't trust much of anything anymore.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took a look at the cereal package (Bran Flakes) this morning before having breakfast and it said on the side of the box that ONE serving was 37g. So I pulled out the kitchen scale and measured out ONE serving (37g). Turned out to equal about 4 tablespoons of cereal - WTF

I guess 'food molesters' at the corporate level and people in the medical industry think were stupid, as in, who is going to be satisfied with just 4 tablespoons of cereal as a breakfast? Same as ONE Oreo cookie is considered a full serving 🤣

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple months ago I was reading cereal boxes and discovered Frosted Flakes was healthier than Raisin Bran. I started looking out for “added sugars” and hidden sugars like Ethyl Maltol, fructose and dextrose. Kept my added sugars to under 17g/day and started eating whole grains and I dropped 55 pounds in six months. Those literally were the only things I changed.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, I couldn't believe it either. They even have trix and lucky charms.
cocooatmeal.jpg

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember there was a push amongst health advocates a while back to get the FDA to force food companies to post more realistic food portions in there health information. Like buying a single serving bag of potato chips then reading in the fine print the bag actually contained 2 servings. I wonder how many fancy dinners and free vacations to "conferences" the FDA high council got out of that effort? Hell the FDA probably started the whole idea through back channels.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are some here who own farms or livestock. What is your opinion on Big Ag companies like ADM and Cargill? It seems those are the companies that are basically mass producing junk and lobby congress so they can claim their corn syrup loaded stuff is still healthy for people.

Does the average small or medium scale farmer have a financial gain from those companies existing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom