Your choice for a 'high end' value long range scope?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend in Cali does ultra long range. They had an event this past weekend. He shot a 40" target at 1.75 miles with this.
He said the scope, base and rings run around 5K. Nightforce Beast.

123_1.jpeg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend in Cali does ultra long range. They had an event this past weekend. He shot a 40" target at 1.75 miles with this.
He said the scope, base and rings run around 5K. Nightforce Beast.

View attachment 150912
WOW... that is an impressive feat.

You know any other specifics about the rifle itself? Chambering, action, chassis, barrel make and length? It looks kinda shortish for a super long distance rifle. Damn, that's over 3000 yards. I know I saw a video of someone ringing steel with a .375 CheyTac at something like 3200. That's just insane.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The clearest scope I’ve looked through has been Schmidt and Bender.
My cousin has them on a couple Surgeon Scalpels and a GAP Hospitaller.
I have no idea what model they are, just know that I can’t afford them.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gen II Vortex Razor all the way. No question. You can get one new in your $1500 budget. A similar scope to the razor is the Athlon Cronus BTR, but the Razor is still better. There are offerings from Bushnell in that range as well, especially if you go with a used scope.

If you ever get down around OKC and want to check out the Athlon scopes (I've got 4 or 5 different models) or a Razor, let me know. I've got a couple Bushnells in that range as well, but seriously, for the money, Gen II Razor is going to be the best bang for the buck.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The clearest scope I’ve looked through has been Schmidt and Bender.
My cousin has them on a couple Surgeon Scalpels and a GAP Hospitaller.
I have no idea what model they are, just know that I can’t afford them.
I am aware of S&B. I am also aware I have to fund my own retirement preferentially over that of their executives'...

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nightforce brought out a lower price scope a few years back that has most of the features of the current line but, just wasn't built as rugged. I think they start around 1K. I have the NXS 3.5-15 x 50 that was on a rifle I bought used from a guy. It had rotor wash damage to the lens so I sent it in for a rebuild which wasn't cheap. I didn't know it until now that they are built in Japan. Almost everybody uses Jap glass anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom