Your kids have cell phones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OOh and on the comment about lack of communication with kids. I agree alot of kids and teenagers are detached , but it is not because they were given a cell phone. It is a general lack of parenting in their whole lives.

And I also like the Amish. They make some damn good rolls.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. My 10 year old has brought it up, but he doesn't need one. When I was 10, they may have had the J.R. Ewing "brick" phone available based in rich guy's Lincolns, but I never missed having one, and my son won't either. When my boys turn around 13-14, maybe. As of now, they can use the land line at the house.

In the grand scheme of things very few adults need them. My 7 and 10 year old certainly don't.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased the first one for my child when he was 10. Now at 12 he is equiped with 4S and all of the options. He uses the schools WiFi and truly does use it for good at least while he's there and the facetime is cool. I like the option of being able to contact him anytime so it's worth it to me for that alone. Get unlimited text or a loan from the bank, you will not believe the number of text that they will send/receive.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Six children. The two that are 24 and 21 pay for their own. I didn't get them one. The rest are 17 and below. None have a phone at this time. The 17 yr old had a iPhone 4 that I bought late last year but she lost her privilege. I am about to sell it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom