Your kids have cell phones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom wants to buy my son one and he's 3!

One time she wasn't able to get ahold of my wife or me and now she wants to add a line to her plan so my son can have one. Do not underestimate the power of grandmother who's grandkids are 1000+ miles away!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 12 year old daughter has one and I feel like it's worth the $10 extra a month I pay on my plan. I like it for the safety measure and keeping track aspect of it.

The wife and I both have AT&T smartphones with a family unlimited talk and text plan already so the $10 add on wasn't even a deciding factor, it was more about the decision to do it or not.

She isn't allowed to talk on the phone to anyone unless they are on AT&T and so it doesn't cost me any minutes. We have unlimited family text so she can do that to her hearts content.

I do keep track of who she texts via the online usage and I can use the phonebook manager to name each number and that way I notice if anyone new or unapproved shows up on the list of who she is talking with.

OH... and a huge +1000 on using it as a tool. The prospect of no phone time for her is enough to ensure chores get done without issue.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess if you don't know where your children are or who they hang out with then getting them a phone is a good way to work out your guilt. We are raising a lost, lonely generation in America.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a stupid, uneducated statement. Maybe thats the way YOU feel, but dont lump everyone in your amish world. My daugher could call me to pick her up earlier or later. And now that she
Drives, its added safety

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a cell phone. I dont have a touch screen Iphone with all the gadgets and gizmo's. I have the cheapest phone you can get on a cricket plan. Its fine with me.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a US Cellular plan and it's about 40 a month to add a line. She will be working to pay for it but can still be grounded from it. I like the point about the GPS, that is worth a few bucks a month.

Wish I had someone that was only $ 10 more per line. Guess I need to look around.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah my son has one. He is a pretty good young man, and always finishes his required chores. So i bought him an I phone 2 years ago. He took care of it, never went over on anything such as data. When he showed even more responsibility I upgraded his phone to an IPhone 4s. Now that he is about to start driving/working while in high school I plan to keep his phone turned on.

He earned it as a reward, I have no issue keeping him rewarded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom