Your kids have cell phones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a stupid, uneducated statement. Maybe thats the way YOU feel, but dont lump everyone in your amish world. My daugher could call me to pick her up earlier or later. And now that she
Drives, its added safety

For someone calling names, I don't think you should be calling anyone stupid. And you have a problem with the Amish too?

Maybe you should have announced that this thread was only open to folks that are like minded. Opinions, that's what this board is made up of.

I am glad that your communications plan is working for you and your child.

I stand by my opinion about the state of parenting in our country and the ridiculous emotional neglect that our children are suffering, as well as the ways parents are mediating their guilt.

crxman91

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a US Cellular plan and it's about 40 a month to add a line. She will be working to pay for it but can still be grounded from it. I like the point about the GPS, that is worth a few bucks a month.

Wish I had someone that was only $ 10 more per line. Guess I need to look around.

if its $40 per month, that covers her minutes, messaging, data, and gps navigation. get an android and download www.cerberusapp.com basically allows you to see everything on the phone and have full control of it from the website, turn on camera, record video, audio, etc

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For someone calling names, I don't think you should be calling anyone stupid. And you have a problem with the Amish too?

Maybe you should have announced that this thread was only open to folks that are like minded. Opinions, that's what this board is made up of.

I am glad that your communications plan is working for you and your child.

I stand by my opinion about the state of parenting in our country and the ridiculous emotional neglect that our children are suffering, as well as the ways parents are mediating their guilt.

I didn't call you stupid. I called your overly generalized statement stupid

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was 17 before I had a phone. My children won't need a phone until they are driving because I will have dropped them off and know exactly where they are. If they leave there, they will call from where I left them and inform me. If they want to be sneaky....hey, that's part of being a kid and what I don't know won't hurt me. The gps tracking thing disgusts me. How is a kid able to lie to their parents anymore? That's part of high school.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 10 yr old daughter got one this year. Unlimited talk/text, no web. Works out pretty good to keep tabs on her and call her in for dinner, ect.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was 17 before I had a phone. My children won't need a phone until they are driving because I will have dropped them off and know exactly where they are. If they leave there, they will call from where I left them and inform me. If they want to be sneaky....hey, that's part of being a kid and what I don't know won't hurt me. The gps tracking thing disgusts me. How is a kid able to lie to their parents anymore? That's part of high school.

X2 same here i was a junior in highschool before i had a cell phone. Had one ever since though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom