Yukon high school and self defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 When my son was in school I told him that if he ever fights back he won't be in trouble with me.

Exactly. Told a teacher earlier this year that my both of my sons have been instructed that if they are hit, they hit back. They are never to start it, they are never to hit first, but if another kid physically attacks them, they have my complete permission to fight back - and she "off the record" agreed with me, as that is what she says she told her kids, too. I told the boys that I'll deal with the office when they call.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately this has become the norm. To many school boards being driven by leg humpers. People need to get involved in what is happening in thier schools otherwise grin and bear it.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would want my kid to defend themselves. Damned the consequences. They would have my total support and we'd deal with any outcome together and I would always have their back in an instance like that.

It's unreasonable and unconscionable to Punish a kid who is obviously defending themselves. IMHO

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got into 1 fight my school days. Granted this was in 6th grade. The other kid got spankings and my parents were called. Principal gave my mom the rundown of what happend and said, "The other boy was asking for it. Dan finally let him have it." Gone are these days.

I have a 5 year old and a 14 month old. Both boys both topping the charts in size for their age. I will tell you this. If either of them get into a fight at school where they are the agressor. The school's punishment will pale in comparison to mine. If either get into a fight as a result of them defending themselves or a third innocent party. Its ice cream and a trip to the range on their suspension day.

There are times to make a stand and their are times to walk away. Learning what each situation warrants is a lesson that needs to be learned.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was the short fat kid - I remember that somewhere around the middle of junior high school I remember saying something to my father about just not being able to beat these bigger kids, and he said if they're that much bigger it's not a fair fight anyway - pick up whatever you can lay your hands on and use it. His advice served me well, then and later, and I recently had the opportunity to pass it on to my grandson - hope it doesn't get him thrown out of school (or in jail - he lives out there on the left coast).

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PC Schools tell the kids, if someone hits you you are to run to the Principals office. When 4yrs ago a boy shoved mine(6th graders) my Son told him to leave him alone, he did it again as my Son was stumbling he put my boy in a headlock. When he did that, my boy slipped it and split the other boys nose and lip. The were going to give my Son a 10 suspension, a $750 fine and an arrest record. We went up there, I told one Principal it was my Son's Constitutional Rights to defend himself. HE told me you leave your Constitutional Rights here at the door. We were all in the office and the head Principal told my Son, that your parents are raising you wrong and if your keep listening to them, you will wind up in jail. That was when I had to catch my Wife from coming over her desk. We took him out of school and filed a complaint. Long story short, he got a 3 day suspension for fighting and an apology. The Principal was fired the next year.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PC Schools tell the kids, if someone hits you you are to run to the Principals office. When 4yrs ago a boy shoved mine(6th graders) my Son told him to leave him alone, he did it again as my Son was stumbling he put my boy in a headlock. When he did that, my boy slipped it and split the other boys nose and lip. The were going to give my Son a 10 suspension, a $750 fine and an arrest record. We went up there, I told one Principal it was my Son's Constitutional Rights to defend himself. HE told me you leave your Constitutional Rights here at the door. We were all in the office and the head Principal told my Son, that your parents are raising you wrong and if your keep listening to them, you will wind up in jail. That was when I had to catch my Wife from coming over her desk. We took him out of school and filed a complaint. Long story short, he got a 3 day suspension for fighting and an apology. The Principal was fired the next year.

Glad you stood up to him and for your boys rights. How are they going to say he does not have constitutional rights and then try to charge him with a crime which?

You can bet if this ever happens to one of my kids again all the conversations with teachers and administrators will be recorded!

Latest posts

Top Bottom