Zastava PAP M92PV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended taking a Dremel and gently rounding out the notch in the barrel. It is still really tough to do, but at least I don't have to use enough force to bend the pin/lever to get it back in.

I am currently working on the handguards right now. I've applied two coats of stain and the first coat of protectorant will go on tonight.

I've got a muzzle booster and detent pin on order from CNC Warrior.

The problem that I am having now, and it is one that I have never hand on an AK before, is getting the safety removed. There is a tab extending from the base of the trigger group that does not let me rotate the safety out of its place.

Not sure how to get around it. I will see if I can post some pictures of it later tonight.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended taking a Dremel and gently rounding out the notch in the barrel. It is still really tough to do, but at least I don't have to use enough force to bend the pin/lever to get it back in.

I am currently working on the handguards right now. I've applied two coats of stain and the first coat of protectorant will go on tonight.

I've got a muzzle booster and detent pin on order from CNC Warrior.

The problem that I am having now, and it is one that I have never hand on an AK before, is getting the safety removed. There is a tab extending from the base of the trigger group that does not let me rotate the safety out of its place.

Not sure how to get around it. I will see if I can post some pictures of it later tonight.

You need to remove the trigger pin to remove the safety.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to remove the trigger pin to remove the safety.

I figured as much. Every AK I've taken apart had me start with the safety. Ditto for the videos on Youtube I found.

I'll try and figure out how to do that. Thinking of upgrading/downgrading to a Tapco G2 trigger to meet 922(r) compliance when I make this a SBR.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_PAiJQBJ.jpg

my pap

i.imgur.com_IrfHRQ7.jpg

lift hammer springs out of the way

i.imgur.com_11VpDz9.jpg

i.imgur.com_VSYHw2T.jpg

lift the shepards hook with pliers/flat bladed screw driver and remove pin

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so.. stock goes on in 8-9 months?

If I am on the ball, I am looking at 10-12 months, if Gabriel's timeline for his suppressor is any sort of indication. When we had the FGST Eatn N' Shoot, three people there said that it had taken them between 10-12 months to get suppressors. I don't know if it is the same for an SBR, but I think that it would be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom