Zero Turn mower reviews - help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mow 2.5 acres with a Exmark 48. It is ten years old now and have had zero issues with it. Back in 2004 you paid extra for the heavy duty air cleaner. If it is still that way today, I would pay what ever extra for it. Clean air and clean oil makes for a long life. I pull my own maintenance. You may want to consider one of these.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were buying new this year I would seriously consider the rear discharge to cut down on the trash and dirt you get on the operator with a side discharge when the wind is blowing. As you know the wind blows most of the time in Oklahoma.

That would be worth a look at. We live on a ridge and the wind can be brutal at times. I come in from mowing and will be covered in dust and debris.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like threads like these, I think just about every decent brand has been mentioned and with positive results. Sorry OP I don't have any advice but if anything I might be in the same situation you are-eventually. I will be mowing at least 4+ acres of open pasture grass and 4+ mix tree/grass, so far I only have a tractor and 5ft bush hog.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8 acres is a lot to mow. Definitely go with something that is overbuilt with a wide deck. All of your higher-end ones will have all of the things (and more) that I recommended.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were buying new this year I would seriously consider the rear discharge to cut down on the trash and dirt you get on the operator with a side discharge when the wind is blowing. As you know the wind blows most of the time in Oklahoma.

That'll depend on which way the property is aligned. My land is longer east-west, so the rear discharge on my finish mower works nicely with the southerly summer winds. If the property is aligned north-south, then a rear discharge will kick up the grass and debris all over your back when mowing with a strong tail wind. That happens to me when I'm mowing the short north-south sections on my property, unless I spend the time and trouble of mowing only into the wind.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mow 5+ acres with a Bad Boy ZTR.

28 Hp engine, 60" deck. Takes me 1.8 hrs on the hour meter and we have 40+ trees on the place.
This will be my 4th year with it, and it has had 0 mechanical issues.

Exactly what we have and going on our 4th year. Other than routine maintenance, did have to replace the idler pulley last year.

okievarmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rear discharge on a Hustler is full width across the back, deflected DOWN, and has few problems with debris. If you have debris problems on a Hustler rear discharge, you need to clean under the deck. Probably a little far for you (Wewoka) but we're a Hustler/Big Dog/DR Power Equipment/Kawasaki/Honda/Kohler/Briggs Dealer. Pm me if I can help answer questions. Better yet, call my guy Charles (He is retired County Sheriff- doing Turf Equipment Management duties now) (405)257-6275.

Latest posts

Top Bottom