Zimmerman Prosecutor wants to add lesser charges, including child abuse....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have considered Martin's history the entire time (it's up in one of my previous posts) - it's why I continue to say they both are at fault (unlike those who keep defending Zimmerman as if he's a saint).

Martin's history is school-yard fights, marijuana use, and school suspension. Zimmerman's is assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, (potential drug-use?) and domestic violence resulting in a restraining order.

How many 17 year olds are suspended from school for fighting? How many have tried marijuana?

How many 28 year olds get to continue carrying a gun after police assault / resisting arrest / domestic / drug charges?

You forgot

,How many charges are lessened after facts are collected, not just here across the board?

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, that again. If you have a judge for a father then if any charges are reduced against you like they are for millions of other people every year then it is obviously corruption. Zimmerman's brush with the law had happened quite a while back while Martin's own record of fighting had been recent. He had even talked about not making someone bleed enough and how he would make him bleed more next time. Zimmerman's record makes it sound like he got stupid when he got drunk when he was younger while Martin's makes him look like he sought out fights on purpose. Maybe that's why Zimmerman was an inept fighter while Martin was good at ground and pound.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jury is out at exactly 2:30PM EST. How long will it take? My money says that if they go past 3 hours they're hung. Less he walks.

Agreed. At this point honestly there is too much evidence to convict him if that is what the jury considers. If they vote based off sympathy or emotions that'll be what gets him convicted. and with a jury of all women I'd bet he is sweating bullets right now worried about emotion clouding their votes. Hell I would be cause at the end of the day Martin is still a child in their eyes.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us aren't defending Zimmerman. We are arguing for the proper and unbiased application of law either for or against Zimmerman.

Word. Zimmerman is an idiot, pure and simple. Being an idiot isn't a crime punishable by 25+ years in prison, or 75% of the population would be in prison at any given time.

I've also argued from the beginning that either restrict the evidence purely to the facts of the night in question, or allow ALL the character evidence. That's not what happened. They allowed all the damaging evidence and almost none of the exculpatory evidence. Were the prosecution's physical evidence not a complete farce, we wouldn't even be questioning the outcome. He'd be found guilty in less than an hour of deliberations.

When you're talking about putting anyone away for life, that's not how you want things to go down regardless of who's on trial.

As for the learning lesson in this, Ersland and Gumm, when in doubt, break contact and regroup from a secure location. Pride and arrogance will take you somewhere you never want to go. These three cases are iron clad proof of that fact. :(

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Word. Zimmerman is an idiot, pure and simple. Being an idiot isn't a crime punishable by 25+ years in prison, or 75% of the population would be in prison at any given time.

I've also argued from the beginning that either restrict the evidence purely to the facts of the night in question, or allow ALL the character evidence. That's not what happened. They allowed all the damaging evidence and almost none of the exculpatory evidence. Were the prosecution's physical evidence not a complete farce, we wouldn't even be questioning the outcome. He'd be found guilty in less than an hour of deliberations.

When you're talking about putting anyone away for life, that's not how you want things to go down regardless of who's on trial.

As for the learning lesson in this, Ersland and Gumm, when in doubt, break contact and regroup from a secure location. Pride and arrogance will take you somewhere you never want to go. These three cases are iron clad proof of that fact. :(
damn, well put

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under the self-defense laws of Florida you can be the original aggressor and still use lethal force to defend yourself if a situation escalates sufficiently. this case. .

This is the gist of it. The funniest case In Florida involved a guy who got in an argument with another guy on a basketball court.
He went home and got his gun. He came back and instigated a confrontation with the other guy. He shot the guy dead.
Not guilty in Florida. We need more laws like that in America.

Latest posts

Top Bottom