10fp build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well like I said, I think a guy can do it for alot less money then I did. The nice thing about it is if you had to, you could simply buy one part at a time and go as you can afford to. It's hard though.

By the way, guys I shot the rifle today and it's a sub moa gun for sure. Got it sighted in and the first two shots were sub moa, without even trying. Shot two 5 shot groups that were under .75" measuring outside to outside with a dial caliper. I'll see if I can post some pics of the groups sometime! I'm also very impressed with Primary Arms 4-14X50 mildot scope. Pretty decent considering I only have about $90 invested in the scope. I may not even change it out, but I'm sure I will.

I still have to tear it back down and have it blasted, so I can shoot it with duracoat and get the barrel threaded for the brake! So there will be more to come on this, just not sure exactly when.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice job! here's my first Savage I built but we got a barrel blank and matched the threads and all that good stuff :-) it looks white but it's really tan the camera flash lightend things up a little.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v120_Ksmirk_002_3.jpg

Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude thanks! I do have to ask why a break on a 308? the noise is going to be horrific not to mention loud :-) but IF you want a break cool! I happen to know of a really great one and you can shoot it prone without kicking up half the dirt in Kansas but it's still going to upset your buddy shooting next to you but they are awesome, good enough I can shoot a riflescope on a pistol and were talking a 7WSM pistol, the one I tried out was on a 300WSM necked up to 338 shooting 250gr bullets and the thing barely bucked any.

There are some good breaks out there and I have a mess of data on some of the better ones I can give you some contacts if you would like BUT in my opinion there's no need to break a 308 but dude it's your rifle in the end. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom