1911 - Which brand/model is the best for the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My how I have enjoyed reading this thread. Since the OP doesn't need anyone's advice (including some very 1911-knowledgeable members), I think this may be the best buy out there for him:

[Broken External Image]

im surprused the ATF hasnt banned those. they are plastic so they can get through airport security!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the Wide, Wide Worlda' Sports is agoin' on here!? I hired you men to give me some 1911 advice, not dance around like a bunch of Kimber-lovin' f****ts!

OP, you don't need a new 1911, you'll shoot your eye out.:teach:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously, the Ruger is an excellent American-made 1911 at that price point. It's the one I'm STILL waiting on.

It's the Ruger, or this...

[Broken External Image]

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock Island Armory

I bought one new for around $400, replaced the sights, and it has been the most consistently performing 1911 accuracy wise for me with the exception of the colt 10mm

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I know all of the Taurus haters will jump out here, but I have a Taurus 1911 and it is one of the better ones that I have shot. Everything has a good fit, accurate and well built. The only complaint I would have is the finish could be better. It does everything I need it to do. No FTF's and accurate as I can shoot. I think what happens alot of times is that people buy guns that far surpass their shooting skills. My advice is to find a gun that fits your needs and your shooting abilities. Just my two cents.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know all of the Taurus haters will jump out here, but I have a Taurus 1911 and it is one of the better ones that I have shot. Everything has a good fit, accurate and well built. The only complaint I would have is the finish could be better. It does everything I need it to do. No FTF's and accurate as I can shoot. I think what happens alot of times is that people buy guns that far surpass their shooting skills. My advice is to find a gun that fits your needs and your shooting abilities. Just my two cents.

The problem with Taurus is their small parts and their goofy hammer lock safety. If someone can find one cheap and start switching out parts here and there, they'd have a good shooter.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh, yeah...now I know what you were talking about. I didn't realize that's what you were talking about...I've never used it so I don't know what problem it would cause

Latest posts

Top Bottom