2013 Controlled Hunt Drawing Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hunting at Salt Plains the year protestors of the hunt tried to follow us into the hunt areas.
The rangers got them all out of there, but they drove the public perimeter roads honking, etc.

Btw my hunt buddy had to cancel as well this year. After applying, the company he works for scheduled a major plant overhaul, and canceled everybody's vacation.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive applied before and couldnt make the hunt because something was already planned and I could not get out of it. I should have realized it, but it slipped my mind. Hunting is not at the top of my priority list. Its FAMILIY, CIVILIAN JOB, MILITARY JOB, then hobbies. Heck there are probably several other things that I cant think of because it too early that would push it further down on my priority list.

I beleive that you are making the right call so dont let the rest of the group bother you. Things happen and a controlled hunt at Lexington isnt the jewel of the controlled hunt selection! It will just leave one more deer for the rest or archery season.

First off, I never said to quit a job, give a kid up or divorce a spouse to make the hunt. SoonerATC in his post didn't say he had a family obligation or job conflicts with the hunt. However, I assumed it was possibly religious reasons. I hunt to relax, which in my opinion is like a day of rest. Before you blame it on jealousy, not really that either. I have plenty of deer hunting opportunity outside of the draw hunts.

Many of these draw hunts are a management tool necessary to a healthy herd of deer on these special areas where unrestricted hunting would be either dangerous or detrimental to the overall health of the wildlife.

Like mentioned earlier if PETA like people wanted to, they have all there members overwhelm the drawings and that could really throw a hitch in it. Like Okie4570 pointed out some hunts, nobody showed up! These biologists and wildlife employees put in a lot of work to make these hunts happen. If that happens enough, ever consider they may determine the controlled hunts aren't working to complete there objective and just quit having them. At $5/applicant it certainly isn't fully funding the program.

My point of this post is not to personally attack anybody, as it is to try and show why these hunts are more significant than some give credit for. Take a little time when applying to check scheduling conflicts, check location of hunts, check the special rules of the hunt. Consider it more important than just a random drawing for an invitation hunt.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
77% hunters show up on average according to this.
Hunts with complete no shows (no hunters at all) were Deep Fork turkey, Salt Plains Disability, and Four Canyons Preserve ML hunt (ouch!!!!)

My dad and I fully intend to show up for our Four Canyon hunt. I already told my foreman I need the time off. Cost me a backstrap, but I got it.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roosta - AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH,Yes, Dr. Hussein. I traded a hunt at BCF with Dr. Hussein to help Huckleberry. He had a fear of height and would not stay in the designated tree stand an decided to still hunt. He wound up at Kenneth's and finally wandered back to the cabin. Dr. Thud in the flesh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom