2013 Controlled Hunt Drawing Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I always check a calender as I am picking my choices. You really should make an exception and hunt. There is somebody else that is missing out on a hunt and you took that spot.

I actually view this the same. Lot's of people put in for these hunts. I would do my best to make arrangements to try and hunt.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep I always check a calender as I am picking my choices. You really should make an exception and hunt. There is somebody else that is missing out on a hunt and you took that spot.

I actually view this the same. Lot's of people put in for these hunts. I would do my best to make arrangements to try and hunt.
I'm with these guys. You shouldn't be applying for these limited hunts if you're not going to participate simply because you don't feel like it.

Thats awesome! Congrats!
Thanks. This is only my second draw in about 10 years.

SDS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father and I drew muzzle loader hunts at McGee Creek and my son drew a youth hunt at Okmulgee. Dang good year for our family!

SDS

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not picking on you SoonerATC, but it made me wonder what the permit #/hunter show up # was for the hunts...................was doing the math while watching Smoky and the Bandit, so not responsible for mistakes, lol.

2011 Results
Elk permits, 82 hunters present, 47 = 57%
Antelope permits, 315 hunters present, 265 = 84%
Deer permits, 4361 hunters present, 3717= 85%
Deer/Disabled permits, 143 hunters present, 77 = 54%
Spring Turkey permits, 114 hunters present, 114 = 100% (Mcaap hunt skews this result, they had 32 more hunters than permits listed)
Youth Turkey permits, 12 hunters present, 10 = 83%
Youth Deer Permits, 891 hunters present, 694 = 78%

77% hunters show up on average according to this.
Hunts with complete no shows (no hunters at all) were Deep Fork turkey, Salt Plains Disability, and Four Canyons Preserve ML hunt (ouch!!!!)

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Stop applying if you don't take it seriously.

I'm with these guys. You shouldn't be applying for these limited hunts if you're not going to participate simply because you don't feel like it.

I respect your guys opinions, but it has nothing to do with taking it seriously or just not feeling like it. It's a religious belief that I do not hunt on Sundays. I realize I should have checked the day of the week and that's bad on me, but it is what it is. I'm not going to make an exception for my religion just because I spent $5 or some other chap didn't get drawn. Believe me, I'm disappointed myself. It's the only opportunity I get to rifle hunt all year since I don't own land and don't risk public land during open rifle season.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I respect your guys opinions, but it has nothing to do with taking it seriously or just not feeling like it. It's a religious belief that I do not hunt on Sundays. I realize I should have checked the day of the week and that's bad on me, but it is what it is. I'm not going to make an exception for my religion just because I spent $5 or some other chap didn't get drawn. Believe me, I'm disappointed myself. It's the only opportunity I get to rifle hunt all year since I don't own land and don't risk public land during open rifle season.

Ive applied before and couldnt make the hunt because something was already planned and I could not get out of it. I should have realized it, but it slipped my mind. Hunting is not at the top of my priority list. Its FAMILIY, CIVILIAN JOB, MILITARY JOB, then hobbies. Heck there are probably several other things that I cant think of because it too early that would push it further down on my priority list.

I beleive that you are making the right call so dont let the rest of the group bother you. Things happen and a controlled hunt at Lexington isnt the jewel of the controlled hunt selection! It will just leave one more deer for the rest or archery season.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Anyone remember when the anti-hunters used to apply for controlled hunts? Gave'em lots of satisfaction keeping a hunter out of the woods. (I think that was before you had to purchase license before applying)

Latest posts

Top Bottom