2015 Spring Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and I doubled on a couple of lunker toms a couple weeks ago.. His had a double beard, mine had a triple beard...

i265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_IMG_0027.jpg

Cool pic man. Congrats on the double!

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally scored on one! A great hunt too. After a season of crazy bad luck and disappointment it all came together and I had my boy with me on the hunt. This bird had half a fan and numerous folks had been trying to kill him with no success. He would park in the middle of a field and strut all day and wouldnt come to a call for nothing. Finally I decided I had nothing to lose, got my jake decoy out of my pack and holding it in front of me began to belly crawl out into the field towards him. I had read a article about doing this earlier in the week. I crawl the first 100 yards toward ol half fan and he doesnt see me, I crawl another 50 and all of a sudden he sees that jake decoy and here he comes. He is ticked and throws that ol half fan out in strut and keeps coming. Mind you im laying out in a dirt field behind this small decoy and he is still coming at full strut. I get tempted to pull the trigger at 40 yards but i hold off til about 25 and lower the boom on him. My son runs out and we thank God for this bird and I start to tear up, I am just so thankful for this bird and my son being there to share it with me. He is jumping all over, so pumped with excitement. He looks at me and says, Dad, are you crying? I tell him, yeah, just a bit and explain why. He understands. 24lb bird, 9.75in beard inch long spurs.
photo 1.jpgphoto.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom