.22 Long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering out loud but is .22 Long still around? I buy shorts from time to time to run thru the old 39A but was just thinking that I haven't seen longs in awhile. Or maybe I just haven't noticed them.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're actually pretty good for revolver target shooting. Powder load is pretty much the same as standard LR, with a lighter bullet. You just have to clean the cylinder a little more diligently, as you do with Shorts.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last regular high speed longs I bought was probably 15 years ago. My wife had a pistol that required them. They were hard to find and quite a lot more expensive than L.R. as I recall from childhood, the noise level is pretty much similar to L.R. At one time, mid 60s or later the manufacturers, quit producing them, along with #5 shot and a couple other items, which I can't recall. CCI CB longs are another matter, and produce no more noise, at least in my rifles than CB shorts, about like a pellet gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom