.22 Semi Auto Pistol advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my fn 502, ruger mark iii and 22 victory. Haven’t tried the tx22 yet.
My new fav is the FN-502. Handles well, shoots accurately and is set up to mount anything one desires including a can. One thing my Rugers don't without having the barrels threaded.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this has been revived. Now get a Taurus TX22. Gotta love the value for the money.
I like mine.

fH2GuX5.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My new fav is the FN-502. Handles well, shoots accurately and is set up to mount anything one desires including a can. One thing my Rugers don't without having the barrels threaded.
Yep, I bought another barrel instead of bothering to thread it. That’s the one nice thing about rugers and victories, you can buy about any part imaginable and a few more.

I did have to locktite the rear sight plate, it kept coming loose on my 502.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's fine if it's not your cup of tea. But a blanket dismissal of one of the most popular rimfire pistols on the market, which is so wildly popular because of it's features and well-known reliability, is as silly as another member here who says AR-style rifles are junk when his only experience with them was from over 50 years ago.

I'm not a big Taurus fan, either. But I'll recommend the TX22 without hesitation to anyone who's looking for a rimfire pistol because it's one of the best...especially for what it costs.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's fine if it's not your cup of tea. But a blanket dismissal of one of the most popular rimfire pistols on the market, which is so wildly popular because of it's features and well-known reliability, is as silly as another member here who says AR-style rifles are junk when his only experience with them was from over 50 years ago.

I'm not a big Taurus fan, either. But I'll recommend the TX22 without hesitation to anyone who's looking for a rimfire pistol because it's one of the best...especially for what it costs.
It was in jest. I forgot to put the emoji in. But since you wanted to make a big deal of it, I couldn't keep from poking the bear .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is as silly as another member here who says AR-style rifles are junk when his only experience with them was from over 50 years ago.
I know you're not talking about me, but I was of the same opinion coming out of the Army when using the early M-16 platform. Junk POS.
My go-to currently is the AR-15 in several calibers. Love that platform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom