6.5 Carcano

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have knowledge on them?

Guy told me he thought this was the Tanker model.

IMG_9310.jpeg

I think it’s around as high as the doorknob on the door for reference. I could measure it if it matters.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a Carcano expert, but I own a few and I'm passingly familiar with their history. I've never heard of a Tanker model. Looks to me like a sporterized model 1938 TS carbine (originally issued to bicycle troops, mortar crewmen and the like.) But it wouldn't surprise me if it started life as one of several other similar variants.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about expert! That is an M41. They were the last variant made. They were made up until Italy surrendered. Below is a picture of the dates of manufacture by serial number. Definitely sporterized. Worth probably about $200, give or take.

View attachment 506145

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, second glance, looks like it may be an M38 TS or possibly cut down M91 because of its hexagonal receiver. If you have some pictures of the serial number and barrel shank, I've got a book with them all in it. We'll figure it out for sure!
Like I said.. "Expert".

:)

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of couple of them, they are a very handy size, similar to the old Remington 600 that I foolishly traded away years ago.

Finnished

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the year on your rifle barrel shank? On the opposite side. It may be Roman numerals.

I can almost make out what may be 1900, but your picture is very dark. If it is 1900 then it's an M91 Moschetto

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom