94 F150 Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I replaced the whole distributor. I remember that some had a module on the distributor and some had the module on the firewall. I replace the module on the firewall as well...think it was called the ignition control module.
Yeah... that's not what I meant, but a complete distributor would cover it anyway. ;)

Try the Ford forums. They helped me find an intermittent and obscure (lol, to me anyway) relay problem with our '98 Crown Vic.

It gives you access to Ford mechanics across the nation.
:drunk2:

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today I pulled and checked the EGR and IAC valves. Both actually looked much cleaner than I anticipated. Mostly out of desperation, I also tried Seafoam for the first time. I expected a fog bank, but just got a little white smoke and that was it.

I got bored tonight, so I just took the old girl for a little drive. It was 70 miles of mostly highway driving, with a little stop and go in Mannford and Sand Springs. The last 20 or so miles I turned off the overdrive and just hauled ass. And nothing happened except that I got home a lot sooner than I thought I would. No CEL, no bog or surge, no pop or backfire...just ran like a scalded dog.

I'm happy, but I'd be happier if I knew WHY. Oh well, I guess sometimes you have to take yes for an answer. I just hope that this isn't a one off!

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found my code reader earlier, and just got back in from running both the "engine off" and "engine running" tests. I was surprised to say the least. The KOEO test produced only one code, 668, which is a transmission sensor voltage code. That's kind of odd, because it shifts just fine. The KOER test produced no codes at all. The only odd thing that happened is that the engine stumbled between the time that I turned the reader OFF and the time I killed the engine. After removing the reader, the engine started right back up and ran fine.

I'm stumped. I guess I'll start driving it more than just to the feed store and back, and see if any issues pop back up. Who knows, maybe the Seafoam did the trick!

Latest posts

Top Bottom