Academy has a 9mm CZ clone for $299

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tri-star C-100 (rebranded Canik 55) from Turkey is based upon the CZ 75 compact and for $299 it is mighty tempting.

Has anyone purchased this pistol? Opinions?

Also, I'd like to see data on recoil for it as well as its 380 sibling. Genitron doesn't have either listed -- so, does anyone know a site where I can find the info?

Thanks.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor. It might look like a CZ, but there's Taurus guns out there that look like Berettas too. Catch my drift? A CZ says "CZ" on it. It doesn't say "Copy of a Clone". I wouldn't touch it.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my Stoeger Cougar, though its relationship to Beretta makes it more of a real clone than a copy. But for $299, it is tempting. I have a CZ 75 SP-01, which I love, but was thinking about a smaller pistol for CC. I have big hands, long fingers, and just can't deal with most of the really small CCs out there. I do have a Bersa Thunder 380 with the extra-thick grip (the "plus"), but I'm hoping to find a gun as excellent as my CZ in a smaller package.

Here's a link btw:
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_588253_-1

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Turks have been turning out nice guns for big names for a little while now. I see no reason some of them couldn't spin off and start their own companies making firearms of equal quality.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As it so happens, I just picked up the new issue of combat handguns, and they did a review of this exact pistol. The review made me think that this pistol is a heck of a deal at $300. Has anyone actually seen these in stores?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor. It might look like a CZ, but there's Taurus guns out there that look like Berettas too. Catch my drift? A CZ says "CZ" on it. It doesn't say "Copy of a Clone". I wouldn't touch it.

Actually the Taurus PT92/AF92/99 are made on Beretta equipment, and are some of the better designed Taurus in their line up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the Taurus PT92/AF92/99 are made on Beretta equipment, and are some of the better designed Taurus in their line up.

True, but are they made out of the same materials? Is it old equipment? Do you think Taurus can match up against Berettta for quality? Just askin' here...

Latest posts

Top Bottom