Advice On An Economically Friendly 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on opinions of 1911 owners on this forum I, just bought my son a Rock Island tactical full size. They call it parkerized but looks more like matte blue. He get's it Saturday for his 21st birthday. Notice a tiny spot or two that has less than perfect finish but over all looks good for the price. Not too worried about that....we use 'em and a worn finish is common at our place. I have not disassembled, cleaned or shot it yet.......he gets to do all that first time stuff. I could have got it for a few dollars less than I paid but I prefer to support local folks when I can and he didn't make much...I know exactly what he paid for the gun and shipping.
The thing is tight! The word is.....shoot a couple hundred rounds to break it in. When I can I'll snap a pic and give a little range report. Many thanks to Best Pawn in Stillwater for the help! BTW....that's aarondgraham's evil pawn shop guy. You'll not meet a nicer guy.

Off to Wally World for ammo.

Sweet! I know I would have loved that for my 21st B-day!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haha S4F for the first couple words i thought you were truly wronged for a second, then the chuckling began once i finished the sentence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom