Advice On An Economically Friendly 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even Ruger has come out with a 1911. I have never handled a 1911 other than GI, Colt and Kimber so I have no input on "economically friendly" 1911s. I have to agree that good mags are important and once you get your pistol there may be alterations you wish to make. Get the pistol in your budget and enjoy it.

http://ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard alot of good about the RIA 1911s. I own an Auto Ordnance 1911 and haven't had a single issue with it other than it eating up a shock buffer. Then again, the shock buffer isn't needed, neither is the FLGR that I got with it but it functions perfectly. I've shot ~250 rounds through it since I've owned it, not sure how much was shot before i got it, and haven't had a single problem. The only problem with Auto Ordnance is that nobody seems to own one around here other than me.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The first negative i have heard about the 1911, do any owners have anything to weigh in about this?

Being a .45 i will probably put about 100 down range through it a month so this probably wont be too much of a problem.

When I was buying my first 1911 I narrowed it down to two. A Springfield 1911 or the RIA 1911. They were the only two companies that seem to stand behind their product with a lifetime warranty in my price range.

I decided to get both. I started with a SA Champion and moved up to a SA Mil-Spec stainless. Still feeling the fever I bought a RIA CS because it already had the ejection port lowered and flared and the beaver tail safety included for 406.00 plus tax. The comfort of knowing they are covered for life helped me make my decision.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really enjoy shooting my RIA 9mm 1911, but yeah, you'll need good quality mags as the Checkmate or whatever comes with it suck. 5 mags x $30 really added to the cost of the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom